Chasing the NS Jellico Local w/ My Fiance!

Started by csx6900, September 01, 2013, 07:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csx6900

Hi all,

I have good news and more good news!  1: I just got engaged on Saturday, August 31st to my girlfriend of nearly two years!  2: She happens to be an excellent photographer and gladly tags along on my railfan trips!

Although my fiance (Alexa) is not a railfan per se, she loves photography and my hobby provides her with an excellent way to enjoy it.  I don't know that she'll ever be a hardcore female foamer like Mr. Bell somehow managed to snag, but she allows me to drag her along and she makes it quite enjoyable.  :)

Anyways, I took her with me last Wednesday (August 28th) to chase NS T35 - the Jellico Local - north from Clinton, TN to Royal Blue, TN.  I'm currently working on my video footage, but she's already edited and posted her pictures to my Picasa Web Albums and they look great!  I'm so proud that I just wanted to share them with the rest of the railfan community... Not that I'm showing her off or anything!  ;)  (Though I know she'd like that!)

Here are some highlights.  The full album can be found here.

T35 builds their train in East Yard, Clinton, TN.

T35 crosses the Clinch River as they depart Clinton.

The crew loves that beauty behind the lense!!!

The train winds along the banks of the Clinch River north of Clinton.

Switching cars in Lake City Yard.

The two classic Southern high-hoods run lite to the north yard lead.

One of Alexa's "artsy fartsy" shots of my video camera.  :)

As a final shot, T35 rounds a curve near Royal Blue, TN in run 8!

I hope you all enjoyed!  Thanks for looking!

-Evan
Owner and Administrator of RailSightings.com

NSMoWandS

Congrats! Nice job on the pics! Funny, when I go out with my girlfriend... the crews tend to be alot more friendly! LOL! DE Dan.

MotoLinz

Congratulations on the engagement! And, great pictures! Clinton is about to be our new backyard, so I'm paying attention. :)

thpbears

Congrats on the engagement. She does take some nice shots.

Matt L

Excellent shots and congrats on the engagement!
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

dschlegel

Congratulations on your engagement! I wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

Your fiancé sure takes great photos, you should be proud of her!
PA Dan

csx6900

Thank you so much for all of the kind words everyone!  I'm definitely very proud of her.  And the fact that you all think she's so good made her day!  :)

-Evan
Owner and Administrator of RailSightings.com

E.M. Bell

Congrats on the impending nuptials, and you are doing good.  Train them right to start with, and your good to go :)
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

chipallen16

Awesome Evan, and congratulations! Also, congrats on going highboxin'!

-Chip  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk