Sunday Morning TV Show

Started by ccaranna, May 07, 2006, 09:12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccaranna

Looks like there's going to be a report about train watching on CBS's "Sunday Morning" today.  It'll probably be near the end of the show maybe after 10:00, so if you're not already trackside, this may be worth checking out.  I think they were on location somewhere in Georgia.

Michael Knight

I missed the show, but found this summary on the CBS news website.

ONE TRACK MIND
Folkston, Georgia, has always been known as the gateway to the Okefenokee Swamp. But these days, more and more people are visiting Folkston to watch trains go by. Folkston is a train watching paradise with as many as 70 trains passing through on their way to or from Florida each day. Some rail watchers live right in Folkston, some visit from other countries and so many people watch trains there that the town built a special platform and installed floodlights for night viewing, making it possible to rail watch in all kinds of weather, day or night. This Sunday Morning, Bill Geist joins the aficionados in this train watching Mecca and watches train after train after train go by.

For more information:
www.folkston.com

(From the CBS News/Sunday Morning website).

ns conductor

Great show!  Been there myself several years ago now.  Hopefully it will enlighten some folks out there that just because someone is photographing a train they are not the Taliban!  It was also great to see the crews interacting with the railfans as well...I always try to do so when I am able too myself.

Dave

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk