NKP running in Ohio this weekend

Started by E.M. Bell, March 25, 2006, 06:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

It has been confirmed that NKP 765 made a test run today out of Fort Wayne Ind on the CF&E, and will make a run from Piqua Yd. to Van Wert on Sunday.  Looks like todays break in run was a success!!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Dieselfan

Go west out of Ft.Wayne ,and I'll have a good excuse to go north and visit my mom :D

E.M. Bell

From what I can gather, the FWRHS may be looking at operating trips over the CF&E (which is the old PRR mainline) this year. It would be a perfect location really...close to their Fort Wayne shop and a major population base, what seems to be a steam-friendly RR with good track. The 765 would look right at home there amongst the corn fields and flat lands...hills, curves and scenery would be better...but still..  Big steam running on any sort of main line in this day and age is worth taking what you get.

Those folks look to have done one heck of a fine job with her Second restoration. I think she looks much better with the simplified paint and no mars light....cant wait to have the chance to get up that way this summer if they run again! The last time I saw 765 was 13 years ago when she was storming across the L&N and C&O mains dressed as a C&O engine...

Habersham TN on the CSX KD Sub in 1993...(forgive me for the CSX part...but hey, its steam...that cancels it out)   :P

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

S.C. Vermillion

EM,
 765 looked and sounded awesome. Me and good friend Zack chased it all morning. That was the first steam locomotive I ever saw moving, or under steam at that. I can't wait for excersion runs. Check out my photo's on railpictures.net for my photo's of 765's break in run.
S.C. Vermillion
MP 182 NS Dayton Disrtict
#######MP182#######
My photo's on RP.net www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=1525

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk