Introduce yourself!

Started by E.M. Bell, October 14, 2005, 08:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

Growing up in Harlan County, I watched the coal trains regularly as a kid, and have always enjoyed watching the railroads.  My serious interest began this year when I decided to try to identify and visit all of the railroad tunnel sites in Kentucky.  

Butch Adkins
Lexington  KY

Indiana Railfan

Brian Wiggins from Evansville IN, just a bit south of the NS St. Louis district that passes through Princeton IN.

Scooterb

Scott B aka Scooterb, Jackson Michigan just south of tha NS Michigan line  former Michigan Central line. full history link http://www.michiganrailroads.com/RRHX/Stories/JacksonEvolution.htm
Jackson railroading is just a shadow of what it once was so few pics from here. Started  fanning in 2000 took lots of videos from Bryan Ohio. Started photography 2003. Most fanning is in Northern Ohio Northern Indiana. South Bend Indiana to Toledo Ohio. Fostoria Ohio are my main hang outs. Found this site by an invite from Mr. Bell so far a great site.
Also lots of names of people whose pictures I admire. Glad to be onboard

Most pictures can be found here.
http://gp30.rrpicturearchives.net/

Or here
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=2935

Miketherailfan

Hey everybody, I'm Mike Huhn from Pittsburgh, PA - home to NS's Conway Yard, which is 22 miles northwest of the city.

My username is Miketherailfan on many forums, including this one. I came in from the invite over at RailPictures and I'm a huge NS fan. NS has a few lines that run through Pittsburgh, including the Pittsburgh, Fort Wayne, and Conemaugh mains.

Forum Admin

This thread had dropped off the bottom of ther page since we started it, and We thought it would be great to have the large numbers of new members that have joined over the past few months to Intorduce themselves as well, So feel free! Its always nice to know a little more about each other.

For the new folks that might be wondering who in the heck runs this place, you can check it out at http://jreb.org/meetthecrew
The JREB.org team

Michael Knight

J 484 fan

Greetings everybody,

My name is Don Ayres and I'm from South Bend, IN. Home of the Fightin Irish. Not sure of the Division name but I sit right between Chicago and Norfolk Southern's very busy Elkhart Yard. Formerly Robert Young Yard of NYC fame. I'm an aspiring chef working some short term gigs right now and an armchair photographer. The camera I want doesn't fit my budget right now.
I came across the link to this site at RP.net and so far I love it! Wish there was more NS info on my local though as I am still a newbie when learning the railroad 'language' and common terminalogy.

Red Rock

Hello to everyone.

My name is Scott and I live north of New Albany, IN. I started photographing trains for modeling purposes, but now I'm addicted to it too.
I moved here from Southern Pacific country (Tucson,AZ) but have adopted NS now and hope to learn more about them from you all on this board.

Thanks

TonytheTiger

Hello all -

My name is Rob Kitchen and I'm in Harrisburg, PA.  Y'all may not think that a redneck would be in Pennsylvania, but I have fuzzy dice and a gun rack in my buggy, and I'm getting Brownie and Pete stoked up to take me to Pocono this weekend for Nascar!

Seriously, I was an Engineering Department gopher for the Rock Island from 1979-80, and a Roadmaster for the C&O in West Virginia from 1980-87.  Today, I am a CAD and Network Administrator for a medium sized environmental engineering company in Hershey, Pennsylvania, as well as a licensed land surveyor.  I took a gadzillion pictures of trains from 1975-88, and then had a "cold turkey" break until last year.  I'm just now getting back into railfanning (foaming?!?)  I'm looking forward to rejoining the network and creating new rail-friends.

P.S. That photo of Port Royal on the home page is "da bomb" (I don't know if that's the right term, but my daughters always said that when they meant "Cool!")
Rob Kitchen
Harrisburg, PA

Forum Admin

Rob,

Welcome to the forum, we wont hold the fact that you worked for that other Railroad aganst you! Feel free to use and post as much as you want. We would like to also welcome the other new members that have joined us in the past few months!
The JREB.org team

VirginiaSouthern

Well, I've been here for quite awhile now, but never actually introduced myself.  Tom Warshaw here.  I grew up in NJ till was 14 as a big Conrail and NJT fan.  Family moved us to  southern VA in '94 where I came to have a fascination with NS living not to far from the Blue Ridge and Altavista district mainlines.  My username comes from the shortline that runs through my hometown of Keysville.  Look forward to sharing info on NS as a whole and learning anything I can.  Especially ways to improve my photography.  

Currently I am stationed down in SC where the Air Force has me exiled in CSX country.

I will warn everyone in advance though that I'm a straight talker and rarely mince words.  That's my disclaimer. :D

Cheers!

JCagle

I'm Jason, and I'm on the NS Peidmont close to the L line running from Winston to Charlotte from the Asheville Division's starting point in Barber. If I'm not chasing steam around I'll more than likely be on the Peidmont main line. I've been intersted in photography for most of my life. I have just become a pretty serious about it as a "full time hobby" for about 2 years now.

Quote from: "ru1056"
QuoteI live along the CSX Boston Line in Springfield, MA

There should be therapy available for people who live along a CSX line.

I know it would help me :wink:

Wouldn't hard hats and safety shoes be a more needed offering?
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

RAS

My name is Robert Shook and I live in Western PA.  Work for the Union Railroad and live a stones throw from the NS Pittsburgh Line.

Take care,
RAS

NS 2557

Hi

My name is Johnathon Mercer A.K.A NS2557 im from Toronto Ontario Canada I am a locomotive engineer for the Canadian National and I have been for the past 20 and my favorite railway as you can see is NS, I live about 20 mintues from the CN Halton Sub. So that's a bit about me
You cant spell garbage without GE

CSX = Chemical Spill Xperts

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk