Introduce yourself!

Started by E.M. Bell, October 14, 2005, 08:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

Welcome to all who have joined the new Combined forums. I hope that everyone finds this to their likeing..

We all have seen names and screen names on the groups, but its always nice to know who everyone is. I invite you to introduce yourselves to everyone here and let us know what you think of the new system!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Anonymous

My name is Nick Hart and I'm from Joliet, IL. I really like the site. I see great things happening in the future for this site. Great job! Take care. Nick

Anonymous

I am Billy from Indianapolis. I joined this forum when EM gave the invite at RP.

I am originally from Somerset KY, so that is where my intrest in the 2nd district comes from.

Railroad80

Im Randy Thaggard From Byron , GA.  Have worked for NS for 25 years.

Mojo

M.J. Scanlon from Memphis, TN. Sr. Aircraft Maintenance Technician with FedEx Express. The NS Memphis District ends/begins here and is one of the oldest lines in town. Starting out as the Memphis & Charleston to the Southern and now NS, the line has basically kept the same ROW since the Civil War. In my spare time I've been known to take a photo or two of trains...... and sometimes planes.

ccaranna

Hi,

I'm Chuck , and I'm from Columbus, Ohio.  I work in the International Flight Service department at Netjets.

I typically spot trains along the Sandusky district that runs from Columbus to Bellevue.   I have gotten into photography in the last year or so, and also am interested in model RR'ing as well. 

I heard about the new board through E.M. Bell on the RP.net forum, though I also belong to the Yahoo NS board.

Thanks for providing us NS fans with this forum!

dputz

Hello everyone. This is Dan Putz aka dputz aka brunswickrailfan reporting in from Shippensburg University, southwest of Harrisburg at MP40 of the NS Lurgan Branch. I've been a photographer for 8 years now, and I've transitioned from still to video then back to still (where I plan to stay for a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time).

The change to a message board is a wise one...I bet its a whole heck of a lot easier to moderate than at Yahoo.  :wink:

eXw81

Hi! Saw the post for this on RP.net and thought I'd swing by.

I am Andrew, I live just outside of Asheville, N.C., near the Hominy (T-9) at Milepost T-7 on the Murphy Branch.

Do most of my railfanning on the Murphy Branch, Clinchfield (sorry, but gotta respect that road! ;-)), and S-Line. A&S is a bit boring now, lol.

Was born the year of the merger, so got a lot exposure to Southern Railway equipment because Asheville's deep in the area now known as NS Country (OK, alot for someone my age). ;-) Three major lines, on major branch, and 0 other rail companies within 30 miles! I'm also partial to the Seaboard Air Line Railway.

nsrailfan6130

Hi all,

I'm Jerry Butler and I am from the Lake Division's Detroit District at MP D58.9 Adrian Michigan. Some of you probably remember me from the NS Lake Division Railfans yahoogroup. My group's website is as follows:
http://nslakedivision.proboards31.com Hopefully you will visit us soon.

Jerry

SD70MAC

Hi Everyone,
Im Ryan Parent aka SD70MAC on RP.NET forums. First off I'd like to say thanks for the invite to these forums. I feel these will be quiet active. I live along the CSX Boston Line in Springfield, MA, although I dont live close to a Norfolk Southern main line, I do like to get out to the Horseshoe Curve area as much as I can and I like to keep up on whats happening on the NS. I look forward to contributing to the forums and reading what others have contributed. Thanks.

ru1056

QuoteI live along the CSX Boston Line in Springfield, MA

There should be therapy available for people who live along a CSX line.

I know it would help me :wink:

lethbridgeNSFan

I'm a fish out of water of sorts. The only good thing about my railroading situation is that I'm about 1/4 mile  from the CP line throught Lethbridge, AB. Modelling interests:

-NS, Conrail, Amtrak.
-CN/CP (around 1960's)
-Passenger (I.E. Modelling the Canadian (CP/Via), Crescent (Amtrak/Southern), Super Continental (CN/Via)...)
-Cold War Aviation

Prototype interests:
-NS
-CN/CP
-Amtrak/Via
-Calgary Transit
-Aviation

Can't wait until summer when I may finally be able to get out to NS territory. (East coast.)

Stirling

SD70MAC

hahaha......Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut here. The NS guys may  chew me up  :lol:

Anonymous

Only thing I would like to say about me is that I live about a mile from the NS Central Division CNOTP line and that my two kids love "Daddy's Trains."  :D

nashvillen

I guess it would be appropriate to make my first post on this board here.  My name is Mike Curtis and I live on a CSX main... (many voices heard saying, Hi Mike)  OOOPs wrong group... :D

Even though I live at J39.0 of CSX I want to model the 2nd District from Danville, KY to Harriman, TN in N scale.  This will entail an addition onto my house since here in Middle TN we can't have basements due to the bedrock only being 3-4 feet below the surface in most places.  :(   The addition will allow a double deck layout of about 16 scale miles in length allowing my to do an approximate compression of 10:1 of the 2nd district.  The addition will also have a large NS sign on the back outside wall that only the passing trains will be able to see.  With the Derby train going by here twice a year that ought to be interesting for the CSX executives...  :twisted:

My friends, Brandon Baxter and Chris Wayman, recommended I join this BBS.  I was a member of the two Yahoo groups this grew from and must have missed the message about the creation of this BBS.

I do look forward to getting over to the 2nd district over the next couple of years and doing some documentation of not only the trains but the physical plant also.  I look forward to everyone's help when that time comes!  Thanks for what really seems to be a nice resource for my model RR efforts.

Mike Curtis

Chris7092

Wow I'm famous, Mike mentioned me in the last post, but I'll forgive him for spelling my last name wrong. My name is Chris Wehman, and I'm currently a junior at Lipscomb University in Nashville, TN, but I call Bryan, Ohio home.  Bryan is located on the NS Chicago Line                          (Ex-LS&MS/NYC/PC/CR) around C.P. 342 so even though I don't get to see a whole lot of NS here in middle Tennessee I have spent a great deal of time photographing the railroad's operations.  As with Dan Putz, I've switched (at least for now  :lol: ) back to photography from video (and photography before that) but hope to remain in my current state for years to come (but with me, who knows).  Anyway, I can already tell that this forum will be not only much easier to use, but will give us a nice change of pace from the traditional Yahoo Group.  Last summer I had the opportunity to intern with Triple Crown Service in Ft. Wayne, IN and I hope to intern with NS proper during the summer of 2006.  I've seen many familiar names on this forum despite it being my first time on here, and I look forward to getting to know everyone a little better.

Chris
K8CRQ

The Idiot Railfan

Greetings, Y'all.

I'm finally on the new list.  Hope to share some good juicy foamer stuff with you guys in the future!

trainshooter

Hello folks...

Greetings from your SE neighboring KCS.  Most of you know me but for those who do not, My name is Chris White and I'm a firefighter/paramedic from Brandon, MS.  Hopefully the thoroughbred will take over KCS so maybe trains will run in an orderly fashion this way..Thanks for the invite EMB.

amzopff

Greetings all,

I grew up watching the Southern (Lawrenceburg, KY) primarily due to my Grandfather?s influence.  He was a Civil Engineer on the Kentucky Division.  He always kept me and my brothers up to date on RR happenings.  Being the youngest brother, I had the fortune of spending the most time with him and learning about the Southern.  There wasn?t hardly a night that I didn?t fall asleep listing to the scanner (or waking up to some action in the middle of the night).  I don?t listen much anymore due to other priorities, but I like being able to keep up with the news and sightings.  

This is very nice forum.  I enjoy the postings from everyone.  

?Thank You? to those individuals who had the desire and motivation to put it together.  Good job!   I look forward to your future enhancements.

I?ll see you somewhere between MPs 323W and 338W,
Andrew

Crazytrain

My name is Ron. While I grew up in Galesburg, IL watching the A.T.S.F. and Burlington Northern, a move to the Peoria, IL area introduced me to a new "breed" of railroad. I have been modeling the N.S. for about 9yrs now. I'm not sure what N.S. Division I am near, tho. An occasional freight goes through on the way to interchange with the B.N. and that is about it. I have made several trips to Decatur, IL to get my mainline fix, however, and my modeling interests are mostly with the coal hauling aspect of the railroad. I look forward to chewing the fat here!

Some of my old model RR photos can be found here:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gnikwr/my_photos

Hopefully, soon to be updated.  :D

Southern6482

Howdy All---

I'm Chad....
My username is Southern6482; which was the prized PS4 that ran the CNO&TP and the favorite engine of one Flem Smith.  While I'm way too young to ever have seen it, she was a beauty by all photographs I own of her.

Batman

My name is Mike , and i`m an NS locomotive nut !

nssd70

Hi,my name is Doug Lambert and I live in Des Moines,Iowa where the only NS action is one switch job in town. The BNSF brings the road train up from St.Louis,MO.

stillbre

My name is Josh Blevins.  I'm currently living in Raleigh NC attending school at NC State but home for me is Charlotte NC on the NS Piedmont Division.  I make at least one pilgrimage a year to central Kentucky to railfan the CNO&TP and CSX Corbin Division (mostly the CNO&TP in recent years).
I plan on eventually modeling the NS Charlote Disctrict between Charlotte Jct and Spencer yard in HO scale.  I also dabble in Southern and L&N.
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

S.C. Vermillion

My name is Shawn Vermillion, I live in Springfield, Ohio. Home to NS's Dayton District and the Indiana & Ohio Railway. I've always liked trains and got seriously hooked in 1999 after a trip to Marion, Oh. Photography came to me about 2 years ago, now I'm hooked on it. I plan to get into amateur radio soon also.

Special Thanks to EM, Junior and Caleb for bring us this wonderful group forum!
S.C. Vermillion
MP 182 NS Dayton Disrtict
#######MP182#######
My photo's on RP.net www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=1525

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk