The Brandenburg/James Christmas extravaganza

Started by E.M. Bell, December 03, 2006, 09:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

For those members in the Central Ky area, if you happen to be in Mercer County, be sure to check out this years edition of the Brandenburg/James Christmas extravaganza. Jreb members Gordon Brandenburg and Robert James have outdone themselves this year, with a even bigger light show, complete with its own radio station and other high tech whirlygig thingamabobs.

Over 5000 lights strung out over a 10th of a mile, plus animated creatures of all kinds, and your favorite Christmas tunes being broadcast on WGWB 105.9 FM. All of this right next to the NS mainline here in Suburban Salvisa, located on Bondville road just pass the RR bridge, and just down the road from JREB World HQ.  Everything will be on and going every evening between the hours of 5:30pm and 10:00pm until after Christmas Day.

All kidding aside, the guys do a wonderful job every year with this stuff, and the radio station is just an added bonus this year. If your in the area, be sure to check it out. Ill try to get some pics of it all in the next few days. All that stuff plus a train or two streaking by makes for some good shots..   
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

E.M. Bell

As promised, a couple of pictures. These really dont do it justice..I dont have a wide enough lens to take it all in!  JR may have some more to share as well..

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Junior

Nice work on the lights this year MR. Brandenburg & Mr. James.   

I was down that way the other night and got a pic.  I was just wondering if this was Mr. Brandenburg in his Holiday costume.

Junior

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk