Fantasy Football...

Started by JCagle, October 02, 2006, 10:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCagle

Anybody else here addicted to fantasy football? I don't know what it is but this year I'm getting into it a lot more than I used to. I find myself bouncing back and forth between the scoreboard for the league and the forums on Sundays and Mondays.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

E.M. Bell

OK..No, i dont live in a cave..and I have heard of this, but for us country folk...explain...

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

JCagle

Basically to keep it short and simple for you website and forum running country folk...  Fantasy football is done online through what seems like millions of different websites. You sign up for a league.  For instance,  I play on a free yahoo public league pretty much just for the fun of it, but there are groups of people (say coworkers or friends) that form a league where you pay to play and they compete for prizes. There are different types of scoring and rules for different leagues. Just like the NFL there is a draft where you pick from all of the players in the NFL, and you get a certian numer of players. (Most leagues consider one team's defense as one player) From all the players you get in the draft you select your alloted number of starters for the positions. When the players play the game you get points based on their performance in the game. A "game" in the fantasy league is when your team is up against another person's team, and the team with the highest number of points from their players statistics wins the game.

E.M. Bell

I think ill stick to the simple things in life..that sounds to complicated to be fun.. besides, Im from KY..we are not allowed to like football..its forbidden..

Fantasy Basketball...???  Tubby is the man  ;)
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

JCagle

They don't do college basketball... only the NBA, and if you can figure the NBA out you're doing better than me.

E.M. Bell

Speaking of the best collage basketball team in the world...yall know what a Kentucky pervert is....anybody???

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

JCagle

No, please enlighten us on great one!   I do  know that a Kentucky Virgin is a girl that can run faster than her brothers.

E.M. Bell

Kentucky pervert..someone who likes nookie more than UK basketball  :o
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

JCagle

I don't even like basketball at all so I guess that makes me a realy big pervert. Although I will say basketball is better to watch than tennis (unless Sheripova is playing) or soccer. I would say figure skating too but that's not even a sport.

stillbre

Caleb,
I know you and I have had this discussion several times before, but basketball down here in NC (the supposed basketball capitol of the world) is nothing compared to what it is up in Kentucky.  Tarheel fans hate the fact that UK has more victories, conference titles, and national titles than they do.  They also really hate the fact that God Dean can't touch Rupp's record even though he did finally get more victories while coaching probably 3 times as many games.  But who has the most victories now, some chick down in Knoxville? ;)
As far as fantasy football, I'm in two leagues.  $50 buy in on one and $100 buy in on the other.  Both run through ABC's website.  This is my first year and beginer's luck don't work in fantasy football.

GO BIG BLUE

Josh Blevins
NS Piedmont Division
Charlotte NC
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk