Caught a good one today

Started by jjohns5182, June 10, 2012, 03:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjohns5182

Caught a beat-up NS 2969 leaving a pretty good lash-up.

NSMoWandS

srman

Great catch however I'm stumped.What's a 2969? Looks like a a high hood GP38 but I've never seen that number series.

jjohns5182

I'm not exactly sure all I remember is it has 6 axles and let me put it this way it will never be re-cabbed by Altoona chop shop.

Michael Knight

Quote from: srman on June 10, 2012, 06:08:19 PM
Great catch however I'm stumped.What's a 2969? Looks like a a high hood GP38 but I've never seen that number series.

Joe, that appears to be an SD60 with a high hood that has been edited in and an invalid road number.

jjohns5182

Mike you are correct! ;D The real engine is NS 6629 hence where I got the number from and why the nose is rusted like crazy. The roof, grab irons, light, and horn came out of two of my photos of a GP50. That coupled with extensive use of the clone stamp and spot healer in photoshop.

Michael Knight

Quote from: jjohns5182 on June 11, 2012, 02:11:52 PM
Mike you are correct! ;D The real engine is NS 6629 hence where I got the number from and why the nose is rusted like crazy. The roof, grab irons, light, and horn came out of two of my photos of a GP50. That coupled with extensive use of the clone stamp and spot healer in photoshop.

You certainly did a good job at editing!

I had come to the conlusion that it was indeed the 6629, based on the numberboard font and the unmistakable rust streaks on the front of the nose.

How about posting the original photo? That's a great scene.

jjohns5182

Here is the original.

Grab irons, headlight and upper roof came from P5 horn came off of

chipallen16

Wow! Awesome job and catches!

-Chip  :)

Matt L

Very clever! I'm impressed.  8)
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

jjohns5182

It is a good one for a prank  ;D

Badhorse79

We should have a April fools day contest and see who can pull of the ol Don't ya think this is real pic

jjohns5182

I like that idea.

I wish more people would get into this because after the first two PS rebuilds it gets addictive like crazy. In fact I think I'll post my other PS pranks here now.

jjohns5182

Now I get better everytime I do this so these rebuilds are not as good as the 2969.

CSX SD50-2 highhood, going to work on this one a bit more eventually.

CSX SD40-2 which actually tricked a lot of people on Facebook surprisingly and still seems to trip people up. I passed it off as the former NS 3257 when I noticed that unit was no longer on the roster. I am going to re-work this one to eventually.

HCLX experimental leaser 1801. Passed it off as an early NS dash-8 that ended up owned by a leaser. Had moderate success with this one.

Recolors are something I still need to work on but this one did trip some people up. I think when I re-work it I will use desaturation filter on the green for better black and give it a high short hood.

But for now that is all the pranks I have. All of these will be updated eventually.

Badhorse79

I think on 4610 if ya gray up the black ( even though the damn thing looks fantastic ) it may give it less pop ... I use to do this all the time with paint shop pro when I would Paint cars for Nascar 4 ... god I love that and miss it all the same and im sure there's better programs then PSP but  GREAT JOB thanks for sharing them ...Hey MoW a high hood CSX wadda ya think

NSMoWandS

Looks great! But, Badhorse... don't you think I have enough to do? HAHA!

Badhorse79

No way man ... get busy for that ... this should be real but I made a model instead ( like my 4610 ) contest

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk