What I did on my Summer Vacation 2011

Started by Matt L, August 29, 2011, 06:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt L

The final 1/3 of 23K was a mix of COFC and TOFC.

Photo taken by me Wednesday 8/24/2011 in Hornell, NY.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

23K clears West Street.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

A little over an hour after 23K departed, 13T rumbled into town.

Matt L

13T often stops at Gang Mills, so the covered hoppers in the consist may have been dropped off there.

Matt L

As 13T headed eastward, I chose to end the chase for the day.

Photo taken by me Wednesday 8/24/2011 in Hornell, NY. I hope everyone has enjoyed the pictures. It truly was fun to take them!

thpbears

Matt L

Quote from: thpbears on August 29, 2011, 09:03:15 PM
Nice shots

Thanx! I wish I could've caught the OCS at the majestic Portageville Viaduct... but it was impossible to get there in time from CP Cass. Oh well, it was a fun chase day anyway.    

Ed Fury

Some of those locations look like they would have great fall colors and make for some really good shots.

Matt L

Quote from: Ed Fury on August 31, 2011, 06:34:03 PM
Some of those locations look like they would have great fall colors and make for some really good shots.

Oh yeah, I'm itching to get shots from the pedestrian bridge at CP Gibson in Corning in October.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk