Easter weekend in upstate NY

Started by Matt L, April 28, 2011, 07:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt L

The Alcos have been cut off from the consist. They are approaching the Hamilton Street crossing on the approach to interchange with NS.

Photo taken by me on Monday 4/25/2011 in the village of Painted Post, NY.   
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

The B&H and NS interchange with on a wye where the former EL Wayland branch intersects the Southern Tier Mainline. Each RR has a pair of classic 2000 HP locomotives on the wye- C424ms for the B&H and GP38-2s for NS.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

The NS EMDs were the pair in the light engine move that I saw the previous day. They are emerging from the wye (which is actually in the Dresser Rand facility) to pick-up the consist dropped off the B&H.

Matt L

The NS crew does an air test while waiting for clearance to take the consist back to Gang Mills. This local is classified as H77 by NS.

Matt L

H77 heads towards Hamilton Street and the wye. I guess the former CR engine is fitting, since the track was the Bath Secondary under Conrail's ownership.

Matt L

Since the B&H serves the TTA facility in Kanona (near Bath), there is often a coach or two tacked onto the end of the train.

Matt L

After NS local H77 cleared the wye, the B&H local headed west with a fresh consist picked up from NS. Here we see the train heading west, passing the Erie mile post seen earlier.

Matt L

The B&H local heads out of town on the former Erie Rochester Division. Just west of here, the tracks will shift to the former DL&W ROW.

Photo taken by me on Monday 4/25/2011 in the village of Painted Post, NY. To see the rest of my B&H pictures, as well as other action in the month of April, please visit: http://s857.photobucket.com/albums/ab139/Erielackawanna/April%202011/

I hope y'all enjoy them. It was certainly fun to take the photos.

Ed Fury

Alcos. 4 axle units. Jointed rail. Street running. Looks like a great place to railfan.

Matt L

Quote from: Ed Fury on May 01, 2011, 01:50:54 AM
Alcos. 4 axle units. Jointed rail. Street running. Looks like a great place to railfan.

One of the great things about living in upstate NY is spending the day trackside at a place like Painted Post, Hornell, Seneca Lake or greater Buffalo. Between the RRing history of those places and the current operations, I am never, ever bored on chase day. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk