What Train?

Started by Ponce de Leon, November 14, 2013, 09:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponce de Leon

Folks: I'm not too keen on keeping notes of what train I might have photographed somewhere (since the "shot" matters more to me than the data). Also, I didn't take my scanner (I just forgot it), so I was just flying blind and reading the signals to figure out what might be next. This is a slightly Photoshopped image of a northbound stack train on the CNO&TP at Gradison (crossovers) just south of Eubank, KY last Saturday. This was taken about 2:30 PM (I see I hadn't updated the camera's internal clock). What train would this have likely been? I'll appeal to all my more learned CNO&TP devotees...
Ron Flanary

Gage O'Dell

Most likely 224.. By the looks of the stacks and the Autorack in the background, that's what it should be...

Ponce de Leon

Thanks. I'll go with that.
Ron Flanary

E.M. Bell

Going by the makeup of the train and those red containers (you can tell even in a B&W shot) that almost HAS to be 224. By that time of the day, all of the other NB money makers would have already ran, and the auto racks blocked to the head would be an East Point to Shelbyville block. 

It pretty bad when you can make such a determination just by the way the train is made up :)
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk