Track Athorites

Started by TM3358, January 10, 2009, 12:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TM3358

I know what these are but when crews are done with them or they are voided do they get kept tossed thrown away turned in??

TB4JY

Quote from: TM3358 on January 10, 2009, 12:39:14 AM
I know what these are but when crews are done with them or they are voided do they get kept tossed thrown away turned in??

Most people throw them in the trash bag. ::)  That being said....  It's a "Mandatory Directive", and as such is required to be held on to until the end of your tour of duty. ;)

I guess you could say they are holding on to them with the trash bag. ;D

TM3358

Thanks for the info on these  I had been wandering for a while.

NS145

Is that the same trash bag that all the other "crap" goes into too...   ;D
NW: There's No Stopping Us!

TB4JY

JCagle

In other words the 'ole file 13! Before long they will be requiring you to recycle them since they are pushing green now and putting in wind farms ect! ;)
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

TB4JY

Quote from: troy12n on January 30, 2009, 06:29:21 PM
Speaking of track authorities, it seems NS has gotten a little more lenient when it comes to having the train crews repeat the orders letter by letter. Seems to have improved the efficiency.

Stupid things like having them SPELL out numbers (rediculous). O-N-E track, you would think they would treat people like adults.

Well if they are then their not following the rules.  It's all fun and games till the FRA man hear that. ;)

QuoteOperating Rule 179 (f) states:

Transmitting and Repeating

When transmitting and repeating Authorities, both the Train Dispatcher/Control Operator and receiving employee must read aloud all the words, including those preprinted, of each item designated.

1.  Multiple-digit numbers must be pronounced, and then repeated digit by digit.

2.  One-digit numbers and directions must be pronounced and then spelled.

3.  Station names and other words shall be pronounced and then spelled when necessary for clarity.

TM3358

The crews here are pretty good about reapeating and spelling out stuff the day shift disp DGH really does

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk