IMRC & Other NS Heritage GEVO's & SD70ACe's

Started by NSTopHat, July 09, 2013, 11:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSTopHat

As a follow-up to Todd Arnett's post, IMRC has starting releasing their much awaited NS Heritage units into the wild, once they have cleared QA/QC. Bruce Friedman, a CSX modeler in the Delaware area, has received a Pennsy and Conrail unit, photos and review can be found on Trainorders. These units have a new Loksound decoder instead of the previously used SoundTraxx decoders. Bruce indicated some frustrations with the new decoders initially and then later posted a couple of CV changes that enabled better usage later in the thread, particularly in regards to the pre-programmed high rate of momentum on the units.

I'm guessing that Bruce got his from MB Klein. Overland Hobbies has my Interstate and old skool NS units in route to me.

Please do not expect your local hobby shop to have them at this time. IMRC is doing a full QA/QC inspection on the units and are releasing them as they are approved. In talking to Brian Marsh at OHI, he has only received two of the 65-70 that he has on order. As of this past Sunday, my local hobby shop, TrainMaster Models here in Buford, GA had not received any units. When TMM had last spoken with IMRC they could not give an indication as to when they would receive them. Given that TMM is selling at the National Train Show here in Atlanta next week, one would think that they would be high on IMRC's shipping priority list.

Also posted over on Trainorders, Mike's TrainHouse / MTH has started releasing their SD70ACe's in Heritage colors as well. A NYC unit was posted as the released model.

Finally, in the current issue of MR, Aug., 2013, IIRC, Bachmann has an ad showing their initial release of both GEVO's and ACe's, prototype photos only, but they have a delivery date of late Fall 2013.

It will be interesting to see  who has what items next week at the National Train Show here in Atlanta. I will be participating and will post updates.

Regards,
Russ

NSMoWandS

Thanks for the update Russ. As I only live 20mins from Bruce... I might have to drive over and take a look! And, please keep us updated on the show in ATL. DE Dan.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk