Halloween Eve treats from NS and the B&H

Started by Matt L, November 13, 2015, 08:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt L

I squeezed out one more day by the tracks last month. I headed down to MY's Southern Tier to capture as much as action as I could on the former Erie Lackawanna. Fortune smiled on me, as both NS and the Bath & Hammondsport RR were running that day.

NS local H85 working the west end of the yard at Gang Mills:

It took a while to figure out if the B&H was going to run or not. Thanks to my trusty scanner, I caught them at Eagle Valley Road in Blessing. C424m #424 and RS18u #416 arrive as a light engine move:

After switching the gas facility in Blessing, the B&H local departed with a string of tank cars.

The B&H local enters Painted Post:

After cutting off from the consist, B&H RR #424 and #416 ran light next to CHeming Street in Painted Post. they were headed to the NS wye and a fresh set of tank cars.

NS sent their power (including SD60M #6779) out to pick-up the tank cars left by the B&H at Painted Post, while the B&H locos enter the wye:

NS heading east in Painted Post with the tank cars from the B&H. BTW, no longer uses H77 as the symbol for the B&H interchange. it is local H85.

NS local H85 om the wye at Painted Post:

All photos in this post were taken by me Friday 10/30/2015 in Steuben County, NY.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

After a brief break, the B&H local came off the NS wye. The C424M and RS18u were smoking as they passed the Dresser Rand plant in Painted Post:

The B&H locla heading west on the former DL&W mainline at Robert Dann Drive in Coopers Plains:

Dropping off the tank cars on a siding in Coopers Plains:

The B&H has installed new gates and signals at Mill Street in Coopers Plains. NYSDOT hadn't inspected them (yet), so the B&H conductor had to flag the crossing:

The day's work was done, so #424 and #416 headed back to the engine house in Coopers Palins:

For a complete look at my photos from NS H85 and the B&H that day, please visit:

http://s857.photobucket.com/user/Erielackawanna/slideshow/2015/Oct%202015/1030%20Southern%20Tier

All photos in this post and the link were taken by me Friday 10/30/2015 in Steuben County, NY. A big thanks goes out to the employees of the B&H for their friendliness and professionalism. BTW, the B&H is putting new hot start packs in their Alcos (and MLW) this month... which will keep them running well in the colder months ahead.   
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

dschlegel

Matt L

Thank you! There's another B&H-related series of pics coming, and this is something I waited 39 years to see!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk