Athearn / Intermountain ES44/0

Started by blue flag, January 20, 2013, 11:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue flag

Would like get an NS ES40DC HO scale loco (altho id settle for 44ac)
i dont run my model locos much, just a little at Christmas time, but disply them 24/7 in a currio.
Was thinking I'd have to wait on Athearn make it. till i just saw Intermountian is making them
I know nothing about Intermountian
Is quality as good Athearn?

Badhorse79

Itermountain has a great model!  Athearn im sure will be just as good but udn avalable for a while!!!! intermountain i love it and id say its just as good as athearn

chipallen16

The Intermountain model is amazing. The only complaint I could possibly have is that the wrong bell is on the model. But an e-bell is a simple $3 fix. Other than that, it's about as perfect as can be!

-Chip  :)

blue flag

Thanks Chip & Badhorse
for the good input

Ladderpipe

I have 3 DC Intermountain ES44DCs and they are very nice. My only complaint is that they are geared slower than most manufactures. Since I'm not "DCC", I don't have the ability to speed match them with the others (Athearn, Atlas,etc). Aside from that, they are very good locos.

NSMoWandS

Ladderpipe( and anyone else interested)... I just rewired my IM ES44DC. It was DCC/DC and ran slower than the regular DC models I have. However, I did some "pokery and jiggery" (Yes, I got A's in both those in college!) and found out how to do it... the only thing is... if you want the ditch lights to work... you need to wire in a resistor. Not sure what skills you have... but, if you want to know what I did... just PM me. Dan

PS- or if anyone else wants to know... just ask!

blue flag

Thanks for the advice Guys
just got my NS #7541 ES40DC
its very nice w/ great detail !  & Im pleased w/ it.
my only complaint is one sunshade points up and the other correctly points down

NSMoWandS

Quote from: blue flag on May 09, 2013, 08:24:56 AM
Thanks for the advice Guys
just got my NS #7541 ES40DC
its very nice w/ great detail !  & Im pleased w/ it.
my only complaint is one sunshade points up and the other correctly points down
It has been installed wrong. Carefully remove it(they are held by two little pegs/dowels) and turn it right side up. If you break the pegs/dowels just a little CA(superglue) will do. DE Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk