Help me make points with my son's Cub Scout Den

Started by TonytheTiger, July 21, 2006, 05:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonytheTiger

I've been trying to contact the local Superintendant or Trainmasters for the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, area for some time now.  My son is a Cub Scout and his Den does a monthly "Go and See It" where they take field trips to various locations.  We've been to TV 21, the airport fire department, an operating gravel quarry, an astonomical observatory, the Penn State Life Lion helicopter base, and other interesting locations.  I want to set up a tour of one or more of the following: Harrisburg Dispatching Center, Enola Yard Office and Tower, or Enola Locomotive Facility.  Any of you who are employees of NS and who can assist me with a contact in the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, area, please respond or drop me a note.
Rob Kitchen
Harrisburg, PA

E.M. Bell

You might try contacting a Division offical or some one in PR or media affairs through the NS website. I know for a fact they USED to do this sort of things, but with the heightened security in todays world, they might not. It nevers hurts to try anyway.. would be a bit of good PR at least.
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Enginecrew

Good luck Rob; while I live a bit south and worked for N&W things have changed regarding the company letting people on the property. IMO your best bet might be contacting the prez in Norfolk, VA unless you know someone who works at Enola and has any kind of connections. Wish I could be of more help or be the bearer of "good" news but as I said; railroads are extremely tight about that sort of thing nowadays.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk