RailSightings.com is Online!

Started by csx6900, December 13, 2012, 10:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csx6900

Hi all-

If you recall, I recently posted about the idea of a train logging website that would allow users to electronically store their train sightings.  The site would then compile the data and provide users with the ability to view statistics based on our database records.  It would make for a great railfanning tool, and I have decided to pursue the idea.

So, I've made the first big steps!  Thanks to a fellow railfan in the server and hosting business, I was able to get the website online.  IT IS NOWHERE NEAR COMPLETION, but we've got a great start!  I - with a lot of help from a few other railfans and/or techies - have put quite a bit of work into the styling, HTML, and database so far.  And there's still a lot to come as we get the site functioning.

Currently, we've got a simplified home page (not all home page features are available right now) and a few general information pages.  There is not a user sign-up feature yet, though that will be the next step in the process.  For now, feel free to check out the site and give me some feedback on the look and feel of it all.  If you have any questions or comments, please let me know!

Here's the link!
http://www.railsightings.com/

-Evan
Owner and Administrator of RailSightings.com

NSMoWandS

Looks good Evan. Let me know when I can sign up! Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk