What's a good way to make coal loads

Started by Badhorse79, November 13, 2010, 08:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

I just finished weathering 24 walther Bethgons ( which I think are the dirtiest coal cars NS has) anyway Ive tried making loads that look like floodloaded coal not successful the glue shows through or it lumpy !!! Any help or info is appreciated

Thanks ! Eric.

Backyard

8) Yes, if your building with a styrofoam base-block then dusting Elmer's then I can help...

Watch whatever glue your doing with, but sprinkle more coal on the pile, thank you very much for asking...!
Backyard/Allen

Badhorse79

Yeah I was using elmers with a little water over styrofoam with N scale cinders

MP15NUT

Hobby Loads from Newport News, Va.  He is always at the Greenburg and Great scale shows in Maryland.  They are $7 for a two pack, yes, a little expensive, but they are great loads, ill try to up load a picture, or two that I have of them. 
MP15NUT
Modeling the NS Delmarva Secondary as the Delmarva Central

delcrr.webs.com
DELC is now on facebook!
Just search Delmarva Central!

Badhorse79

I just bought a sheet of foam board and trimmed it to what I think looks close to fllodloads and painted it black and sprinkled on some cinders and sprayed it with a flat coat well the foam reacted like a sponge and melted a lil sooo maybe no flat next time I did do a second and it shriveled up overnight

Backyard

8) Flat backfired... ::)

Shame on you for using Dulcoate anyway!
Backyard/Allen

Badhorse79

Yeah I looked at one I did last night without no flat and it looks good so i guess practice nakes perfect lol thanks for everyones help

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk