The south end of a north bound SD70M

Started by Badhorse79, June 08, 2010, 11:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSMoWandS

Details West makes a hyrail kit with the wheels and support structure, gas tanks, and tool box. They are for an older model... but with a little kitbashing... you can make one with an atlas truck. I also took the back off of one truck and made my own utility box... That is they truck with the big three axle truck up top.

NSMoWandS

Badhorse,
  That is a sand and gravel place on the right and a bakery on the left. Across from the Sand and gravel place is a plant that gets platic pellets delivered by rail!  :) I am still working on that site... buildings are up but some road and landscaping remain.

thpbears

Thanks for the info. Your layout is looking very nice. Take care.

Badhorse79

Finally finished the brut the 70 that is .... I ain't good at what I do just proud of it . Its a Shame I can't post pics I really think it turned out great . Of course my opinion that is ! maybe I could third party a pic to someone? Or something I wanna show er off .  ;D Anyway just wanted to say it's finally done , next up Im gonna do a set of 9CW that I have sittin around , one horse and one with segmented strips with GPS 9729 to be exact  .... I should stop and enjoy the outside world for a bit huh
and NSMoW the Hi rail kit from DW is that pewter or white metel and do you use custom finishing models  they have some cool MOW stuff !     

thpbears

I got a set of Durango press metal MOW vehicles. What should I use as glue to put them together?

Badhorse79

I use gorilla glues super glue a lil dab will go a long way and it doesn't leave any white mess behind like most super glue give it a shot I use it I can scrub an engine with a toothbrush and the parts are still there lol

thpbears

NSMoWandS

Badhorse,
  The kits are pewter... I use CA  to attach the pieces. I painted them first then took a # 11 x-acto blade and scraped off the paint where the glue is to be applied. I glue the back bumper in the kit to the fromt bumper of the atlas truck... I then remove the atlas trucks rear bumper and use the kits front bumper as the rear... confused yet? Then I took the tool box that comes with the kit and shave the sides down so they fit in the atlas truck. Add the gas tanks and presto... done. The other truck with the utility box is the front of an atlas truck with a custom built box on the rear end... dont ask how I made it... I used the old bed and built around it. I used blank styrene to make it look like a pic I have of an NS Hyrail. If you need anything else... just ask... hopefully I can help. LMAO!

Badhorse79

Well all I have some very sad news today. I was picking up the SD70M and was gonna sit it on my layout to run and it took a 4' drop to the floor it took a life time to find all the parts but if anyone knows what it feels like I'm really disgusted and heart broken but hey atleast I got pics of it in her prime I just hate it I should of picked it up by the trucks but nooooo let's grab the hood section and plop it went....  man this sucks all that work and BOOM bad karma I guess     

NSMoWandS

That sucks!
  I ALWAYS pick up locos by the fuel tank. All but one of my engines the fuel tank is the frame. I have done things like that before. Two days ago I was putting in a few trees... and I jerked my elbow into some telephone/power poles. I do string the linesand took about 4 of them out.  OUCH! But crews worked all night and power was restored before morning shift showed up. Ha Ha! I have a CW44AC to weather and a SD40-2 also to weather. So I will have to handle them sooner than later! Wish me luck!

Badhorse79

GOOD LUCK I've picked up the pieces and estamated the damage was minimum just blew the detail parts and the cab off dented the front anticlimber and The handrails are mangled but I bought extra thank god I think it's gonna be ok I'm in the middle of workin on a 700 club slug then I'll try to get her back in shape i just needed to get away for awhile and remain calm so I didn't do more damage lol

NSMoWandS

Hey Badhorse.
   Just took this photo of CSX SD80AC 4601 after a crew change. Notice the R.I.P. guys on the left changing out a bad wheel.

Badhorse79

Thats pretty cool reminds me of the Extreme Trains episode where they show the UP crew changing out a wheel very nice

NSMoWandS

Yeah,
   I saw that. In north platte... 5 mins to change out a wheel set without de coupling? WTF? That is going to cut into someones overtime! Ha Ha! The R.I.P. guys where i'm at take about 1-2 hours to do the same thing... not that i am complaining... it doesn't affect me... but THAT'S job security! = )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk