MTH doing the ACe Heritage Fleet

Started by Badhorse79, July 10, 2012, 03:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Looks like MPH has announced delivery around january 13

Badhorse79

Stupid predicted text ...that's MTH not MPH

NSD9-40CW

I would not waste my time buying MTH stuff.
Railfan of the KCS and NS in Louisiana

Badhorse79

fireball451

NSMoWandS

Not a big fan of MTH either. However, I did buy two TTX flats(60ft) and the bearing caps actually spin and there are real springs in the trucks! But, that is cars not locos. And I heard that if you get one with the DCC couplers... to make them close... you have to couple at a scale 20mph!!! I think the yardmaster/trainmaster would have something to say about a 20mph coupling! Dan

Badhorse79

Lol... athearn had Truck like that ..minus the springs

thpbears

Got a New NS Sd70 with sound for 50 bucks. Yep new in the box. My first sound engine. Just went to DCC last week. The only problem I have is the bell comes on for no reason some times. But even at a price like that I will probably buy some Athearn sound sd70's. They are getting better reviews.

Badhorse79

Well im killing my self looking for 2 Undec Iso cabbed ACes anyone see any please let me know thanks

JWall

Yeah, I won't be buying any MTH either.  Have heard to many bad things about them.
I will stick with Athearn and wait for their release.  For the ISO cab Ace look for the older release of the BNSF version i think the one released around 04, still shows on the Athearn site.  I found a couple but I don't remember which store. Found the store but they are sold out.  NO BNSF undecs to be found!!!!
James Wall
Rural Hall, NC

Badhorse79

Thanks Jwall hopefully ill get a good deal I need 10 but ill take 2

JWall

No problem. I did not know till recently that some BNSF Genesis units had the Iso cab. Look carefully at what you buy because some with the high headlight don't have the Iso cab.  Most are low headlight with the Iso cab.  Finding the Undecorated would be the mother lode cause as I understand it they are loaded with the parts for all the different variations of the release they were in.
James Wall
Rural Hall, NC

Badhorse79

1002 was an Undec UP Western Pacific Style and yup it was parts city!  But I went thinking NS went the UP way with the SD70M  so I wrong and NS went their own way lol

Conductor

I found the number font on the Genesis M-2's to be wrong and went with an MTH.  Much better, and after the junk run of 70-series engines with bad trucks and derailment-prone Genesis cars from Athearn, I'm pretty hesitant on buying anything from them.
Conductor's posts represent the views of Conductor and are not representative of any carrier.

JWall

Norfolk Southern will always do it their own way.  Took a look at my Genesis M2 and all I see on the number font is the rear numbers might be a little thick.  My closest expert looked one over and stated "Probably the best looking model he had seen so far from a factory.  Only fault I see is the door latches are upside down."  No I am not changing the door latches!!!!  i have had no trouble out any Genesis product so far.  I did luck up today and found one BNSF undec so my day is complete.  Now off to starve a couple of days.

JWall
James Wall
Rural Hall, NC

NSTopHat

Quote from: JWall on July 12, 2012, 05:40:08 PM
Norfolk Southern will always do it their own way.  Took a look at my Genesis M2 and all I see on the number font is the rear numbers might be a little thick.  My closest expert looked one over and stated "Probably the best looking model he had seen so far from a factory.  Only fault I see is the door latches are upside down."  No I am not changing the door latches!!!!  i have had no trouble out any Genesis product so far.  I did luck up today and found one BNSF undec so my day is complete.  Now off to starve a couple of days.

JWall

James;

Tony fed you a line of bull about which door latches????

Russ

JWall

Russ,

I was being nice and didn't mention names.  Might have been looking at the model upside down and forgot.  Best I remember it was a general statement so really I am not quite sure.  Also, I got lucky and found one BNSF Undec Iso cab yesterday,  last one the shop had,  no sound though.  Trying to patiently wait for Athearn to do NS Ace's and Gevo's.

JWall
James Wall
Rural Hall, NC

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk