Suggestions on empty lots

Started by Badhorse79, July 08, 2012, 06:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Any one wanna play along and help me figure out what I can put here. I was going to put a lil gas station there but not sure please toss me some ideas thanks

NSMoWandS

Questions... What are the two stub tracks going to? Are they going to anything or do they just end there? Dan

Badhorse79

Those are the tracks NS uses to drop of cars for the bulk transfer and Peterson tool company across the way.  I tell people they are the old DM&L mains they used before the line was relocated

NSMoWandS

Have you considered building the support equipment for the bulk loading facility? As the pic below shows the pipes, air tank, and old container used to house the compressors. It is roughly based off the NS facility in Chattanooga, TN by 23rd street. Dan

Badhorse79

Hmmm well the minds alike thing is killing me I planned on doing the bulk area kinda like that minus a track here's that idea I set up the day I took the "Cloudy With a Chance of GP40"

Badhorse79

And here is what I decided on the interchange tracks

NSMoWandS

Nice! If you want to try something... where the old main tracks meet that road... you should end the rails(put some rail bumpers or something. Then continue the ties and roadbed up to the road. Then at the road... make it look like the DOT just repaved right over the old crossings... or ripped up the rail and laid an asphalt patch where the crossings were. Just a thought. Dan

NSMoWandS

Here is a pic of the Bulk Transfer in Chatt, TN.

Badhorse79

Damn dan that's pretty badass I thought for a moment you took another model pic and was showing me the depth ... can't deny that's where ya got the idea from ... good job.

NSMoWandS

The other cool thing about my bulk transfer location is... it is just two long tracks in concrete. It can also double as an Intermodal Ramp. I have piggybacks, well cars, spine cars with assorted trailers and containers, a Mi-Jack crane, Kylmer(spelling?) crane, and some container chassis for when I get bored with the bulk stuff. 2 for 1. Can't beat that deal! Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk