Main Menu

M.O.W Question

Started by Badhorse79, June 29, 2012, 11:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

I was looking through the MR April 11 issue and I seen an article about making a lineside MOW building., I wanted to use the building ( the one farther back ) below to use as a shop! Does there have to be a track for equipment?  Or can I just put some Mow vehicles,  supplies and track parts around?

NSMoWandS

You really can do whatever you like! Your layout... you're God! But, I kinda combined two areas into one. I have a place for vehicles, equipment, and rails, ties, ballast, etc... and also added a R.I.P.(Repair In Place) track. Not only is it a place to drop off cars that are not running well(for me to fix later) It also can be used as an industry. eg- car with rails or wheelsets can be spotted there. See pic below. Hope this helps. Dan

Badhorse79

that's exactly the push I needed thanks Dan ....!

Badhorse79

Here's a few shot of the M.O.W. building ... please critique lightly lol ... I need Dan to tell me where he got his BIG trucks from! ?

Badhorse79

The Front ... I need to add signs and a fence ...

Badhorse79

And im going to tone down that Rust on the mainlines I got to looking and that's not what I want so ill call in the ballast cleaner and get that cleaned up

NSMoWandS

Looks Good Badhorse! The only thing I would suggest would be to paint the two vents either light or dark gray... just to have them stand out a little. As for the trucks... The one below is made from the tractor on the right. It is Dept 87. I painted it white, built the stake bed and crane mech from scratch. Then added some decals.

NSMoWandS

This one is also Dept 87. It was a bucket truck. I removed the bucket and scratchbuilt the crane/claw mech. I painted the original yellow stripe blue and added decals. Dan

Badhorse79

Thanks Dan I forgot about Dept.87 ...as for the roof im looking to re weather it as ya can see I wiped it down ..just took pic to show it ...it was getting late and I needed some sleep lol

thpbears

They just started coming back out with Dept 87. I don't think the white trucks are out yet like they use to be but a little paint for  us is no big deal. Walthers and ebay usrally can be a good place to get them at a nice price. The layout is looking nicer and more real every day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk