MY freelanced 4610

Started by Badhorse79, March 29, 2012, 05:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Well I've decided to take what I have and make my 4610 dressed like the F units ...

NSMoWandS

Nice start! Question though... why didn't you paint it in its new OLS scheme? Just curious...

Badhorse79

Well I couldn't find anything close to the new logo ... unless microscale made em ! Plus I m so stuck on the black n white catalog I figured " Hey what the heck" . Plus with all this heritage stuff going on and not having the Dough for a Gevo I wanted to ad to the celebrations... yes yes painting a loco to look like the Fs was kinda stupid but I wanted 4610 to stay special even though the Heritage thing is happening ... the lil GP59 is in every NS fans hearts and I wanted to keep it that way on my road. So instead of leaving it green lol I painted it black

NSMoWandS

It was green to begin with??? Do you have a pic still?

Badhorse79

Badhorse79

Engineer side .... this is all I could get I should have it done tomorrow

fireball451

My 4610 will remain green as the original should have.
Funny to see pictures of it when she was originally black in the older NS scheme.
Microscale does have the smaller new "NS" in set 87-1225.
Don't know who has the new Operation Lifesaver decals though.
I try to stick with ShellScale decals.
They just look alot better.
Wish they would do the new NS in a more generic pack like they do the old NS that does 4 engines.
Been buying the GE sets to do all my new engines.

Backyard

Quote from: Badhorse79 on March 29, 2012, 09:22:10 PM
Engineer side .... this is all I could get I should have it done tomorrow

Well, you did a great job of masking...hopefully you used Imitation Aluminum for the band...

It looks good from here... :o
Backyard/Allen

Badhorse79

Actually since the stripe was already there I just masked the stripe .... but to touch it up and also on the F-unit I used camouflage gray from model masters acrylic and I thought it wouldnt work but man it actually blended in so ok I went with it 

fireball451

That always makes it easy when you find paint that matches and blends well.
Did the camo grey match up on the f unit too?
I assume the f is from athearn?

Badhorse79

Yeah that's how I knew I could get away with it on the 59 lol and yeah their Athearn

fireball451

Thanks, thats good to know for when I start detailing my F's....

Badhorse79

Oh anytime .. need any help just let me know ill see if I I can help..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk