Yes it is the worlds greatest hobby (tour)

Started by Badhorse79, March 10, 2012, 03:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Well I went to the WGH show in downtown  Cincy and met some really great fellows and of course bought a few things!!

1. Athearn articulated BNSF auto racks 22.00 yes 22.00
2. A NS gondola full of junk $30
3. 2 walthers gold line autoracks N&W -GT $20.00 each
4. Walthers 2 bay cement hopper $10
5. A 20 year portrait book for NS $10
6. Highball productions The Pokey Elkhorn Grade $20
7. A box of coal loads for walthers bethgons (6) $18
8. 3 UPS trucks-n-stuff sets 2 tandems and 1 53' tractortrailor $17 each
9. And this months Modelrailroader $6

Badhorse79

There was a few layouts but just one HO scale Ohio valley Sippin-n-Swithin! Had a really nice set up and a few southern trains

Badhorse79

Had a nice set of F's pulling a really large coal train but me stupid camera phone kept blurring the picture

NSMoWandS

Sounds like you got some good deals... hopefully the show near me next weekend proves just as good. Running out of cars to graffiti! haha!

Badhorse79

Hope so too!  I seen alot of locos but I needed to steer clear of them lots n lots of Geeps and a D8-40C bachmann for $15 but said nooope! But I think I did ok!  Wanted to get the new NS withers roster book but couldn't find one

thpbears

You did pretty good. My show last week I found one detailed sd40-2 conrail with a csx patch. I will repatch to ns. Things are getting hard to find seems like. Even Ebay has dried up latley.

E.M. Bell

Did you happen to get see to see any samples of the new stuff Atheran is coming out with...more specifically the Southern GP38?

I saw the promo for those things, and they looked pretty good, but for some reason, they just looked "odd" in the photo...almost out of scale and bulky. Just wondering if they are really that way...I have half a mind to pic one of those up to detail and weather and add to my dust collectors on the display shelf!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Badhorse79

Actually the guy let me put it on the lil track and run it it had no sound but man it was very detailed and crisp

Badhorse79

And yeah the genisis series are all detailed to the roads specs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk