Main Menu

project 1641

Started by Badhorse79, March 05, 2012, 08:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Well this is the last of my projects till my patience gain full control
This is the rebuild of 6141 witch will be flipping the first 2 numbers to 1641 I already have the parts on except
the ditch lights and railings so ill paint her tomorrow and decal Wednesday
After this ill start work on the D8-32B that will consume alot of my previously drained patients

Badhorse79

thpbears

NSMoWandS

Badhorse, is your layout going to have a massive engine terminal? If so, you should get that up and detailed... that way you can store all these locos in the back while working on them... Just a thought... your 1641 looks like what is stored or being worked on in Altoona's back area.

Badhorse79

Thanks guys!  And lol MoW I haven't planned on a big shop just 18 staging tracks under the top but I.have an old busted glass display I got from work that holds all 28 runnable locos the back shop may be getting bigger thus the Worlds greatest hobby tour is in town this weekend and it's payday ! Jeez this has got to stop!  Maybe ill just buy some well needed cars pr buildings ! But I am determined to have at least 1-2 of each class on the NS roster in my life time

NSMoWandS

Well, that is going to be ALOT of locos... Sounds like my favorite line from the book Contact... "First rule of government... Why build one... when you can have two at twice the price."

Badhorse79

Complete finally a classic SD40-2 on the road I have to get a HH Horse head one now but as modern as im keeping it ... oh who cares im doing one in southern that'll be my lil heritage unit.  Its freelance baby

NSMoWandS

looking good badhorse. There was a GP38-2 painted in NS scheme... but they didn't strip it before painting... you could see the southern and the stripes under the new paint. There's heritage for ya! haha!

Badhorse79

Didn't you enter that pic into the Contest one time

NSMoWandS

Badhorse79

Yeah to bad I cant remember schooling but I remember where to locate a Firecracker antenna with out a photo

Badhorse79

I took this pic out side while the easter egg hunt went in and I wanted to share it with everyone .. think.it looks alot better out side then in my dark n danky basement

thpbears

Does look like a real engine if I didn't know it was not. Very nice

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk