weekend projects .. day 1

Started by Badhorse79, February 25, 2012, 11:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Well I have started on a few new project (well getting on a few old ones )

Started detailing the roof of 4271 that's been a good year on going
I finished 2588
Put the mohawk on 1002
and air brushed 6322

Now im waiting on a few more parts and decals ill sassy up the layout with a lil bit of scenery and get to building the upper deck witch is basically the whole operating part of the thing
meanwhile ill post a few pics of said projects

Badhorse79

NSMoWandS

nice! Is that the one that was just in the paintshop? Lookin good!

Badhorse79

Badhorse79

The exhausted project
after I finally got the courage and a little help from matt snell I used the stacks from old athearn semi trucks and the Q fan was from 2611 standard radiator section ! It just (to me doesn't look right ) but its done

Badhorse79

Badhorse79

E.M. Bell

The F unit roof looks pretty good to me...thats more detail than I have seen on several models of those units.

You DID do a 1002..I am most impressed! When ever you run out of projects, let me know. I might just have to hire you to do me a 1002..that would look pretty sweet on display above me desk. I have yet to see the top of a 70Ace in person...is that "mohawk" a modified version of the shield over the radio, DPU, EOT and Wereis antenna's?
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

thpbears

Badhorse79

I think so EM I found a pic on Chris ' web site under the detail photos ! And the pic was of 1002 roof I believe and I think there are two large sinclairs angled on both sides aswell im still waiting on those but heck yeah id love to help anyone on here with projects anytime
And would you like that 1002 in the NS or JREB dress code

Thanks bears! 

Badhorse79

Here's another shot!  Of 1002 im in need of an idea as to how to make the lines for the ISO. Cab I thought a bout buying some dark gray stripes and trimming them to look like fake lines ! I dunno I think of something

Ponce de Leon

That's some mighty fine modeling work, my friend---mighty fine! Those mufflers on the top of the F-unit looks bizarre, but it's prototype. Again, well done.

Question: will you be motivated to do some of the "heritage" units once they begin to roll out? Just like those big-ol' F-unit mufflers, that would also be prototype.
Ron Flanary

Badhorse79

Thanks Ron!  Oh boy will I been ready to do the heritage locos ! Ill be doing the NYC for sure (for my dad )and I would like to do all but my budget may say other wise ill pick at least 2 of each (Gevo and ACe) so based on how the schemes and decal availability turn out may decide the ones at first? 

Badhorse79

Started installing the station and under pass ! The station is gonna be fun because its all kinda cluttered but I think ill get it!  Well a few photos! 

Badhorse79

Badhorse79

Badhorse79

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk