Southern steam in Tennessee and Georgia

Started by Gage O'Dell, October 06, 2014, 03:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gage O'Dell

I'll let Emmett tell you the entire story, but 4 of us made a 20 hour deathmarch from JREB HQ to Chattanooga, TN and Summerville, GA on Saturday. The weather was cool and down right beautiful for steam on the old C&C. So after leaving at 0430 on Saturday morning to arriving back around midnight, this trip was well worth going without sleep.

Hopefully I'll make the trip when the leaves turn, but until then, below are a few pics from last Saturday... If you would like to see more or the bigger versions of these below, check out my Flickr page>>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/46459752@N08/

Southern 4501 brings the Summerville Special off Belt Line and onto the C&C at 23rd Street in Chattanooga

Southern 4501 pops into a small stretch of daylight in the Chickmauga Battlefield

Southern 4501 and a Chrysler Imperial at Rock Springs, GA

Southern 4501 arrives in Summerville for the days festivities

The Summerville Special crosses the freshly repainted bridge at Trion, GA on its way back to Chattanooga

Southern 4501 wraps around the small farm house at Rock Springs, GA

Southern 4501 splits the overgrown kudzu near Rossville, GA

The Summerville Special passes the Chattanooga National Cemetery

As the sun sets in the sky, it showers the side of the Summerville Special with a soft glint light as it heads back to Grand Junction

leroy

Great pictures Gage... On the first shot (...off the belt line...); did ya shoot the picture from the overpass...?
I'm tryin to remember just where it is; its been a pretty good while since we've been to chattanooga...
By the way, i like the "Belt Line" shot the best....

Thanks a bunch for posting these great pictures...
leroy
leroy

chipallen16

Sorry, I'm going to have to copy some of these in a few weeks.. great job!!

-Chip  :P

Gage O'Dell

Quote from: leroy on October 06, 2014, 06:43:14 PM
Great pictures Gage... On the first shot (...off the belt line...); did ya shoot the picture from the overpass...?
I'm tryin to remember just where it is; its been a pretty good while since we've been to chattanooga...
By the way, i like the "Belt Line" shot the best....

Thanks a bunch for posting these great pictures...
leroy
Yup! Parked in the median and shot from the overpass!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk