Norfolk Southern---Training First Responders--Engine 5642 and related rail cars

Started by Bill Richardson, May 05, 2018, 10:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Richardson

A couple days ago I happened to see the Norfolk Southern "Training First Responders" train parked at Danville, with a viewing and discussion session going on by FD and EMS personnel, and some other related personnel I suppose.  It looked like a casual affair, nothing fomal.  I made a few photos and left.  I had recently seen on Heritage.com that this engine had passed south.  I didn't know about it until then.  I thought it would have been nice to have seen that.  This engine is the GP38-2.  I think there is another newer one; not sure.  Anyway, I was surprised to find this engine and train parked at Danville.  I had to get a few photos.  About all I usually see are the usual black engines, but once in a great while I "catch" something unusual.

Update:  Jan 2020---I put photos from my Flicker account on here, but later deleted that account because of the big Flickr change.  I opened a new account with a different email login, but have very little on it.  Attached are some replacement photos.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk