Main Menu

Uboat cleanup

Started by Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR, April 28, 2014, 02:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

I bought this athearn model that someone half finished in southern tux, I'm not gonna do much to it other than finish the stripe at the bottom and renumber it. That's my problem though, I've had very few GE models (scaled down fire hazard lol) and the only ge's I've ever ran in real life are very modern, the archive shows southern had some u23b's and u30's I think, I don't know which model this is or more closely resembles if it's neither, because it's getting a new rd number for sure.
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

NSMoWandS

Looks like 8 hood doors... that's a U30B. U23B has 6 hood doors. DE Dan

I did grab a couple of formally dressed ponies that are road worthy today also, proto 2000 gp18 and a new athearn sd45.
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

NSTopHat

The Athearn GE is a U28B, or it could be a Phase I U30B, if you squinted from 5' away, based on the radiator core.

Southern owned U23B's, U30C's and U33C's, from GE's Universal Series. Once the Dash 7 series was released they bought B23-7's, B30-7A1's, And B36-7's.

Regards,
Russ

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk