Main Menu

Painting tips

Started by thpbears, August 06, 2013, 12:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thpbears

Guys give me some tips if I wanted to paint a yellow River point Station truck white and make it like a NS MOW truck. Is there any paint striping tips or would I be better just to paint over the factory paint ? Will this also work with Boley trucks ?

Badhorse79

If there's any type of logo decals stripe you can remove them with a little thinner with a brush then primer the thing then paint
Hope this helps

thpbears

NSMoWandS

Brite Touch primer in white from Advance Auto... at least that's where I find it. Covers orange great. The stake bed truck started off as the orange tractor. DE Dan

thpbears

Thanks I will go pick me up a can this morning Do you put it on with a brush of spray ?

SOU91

I've used 91% isopropyl alcohol to strip plastic models. It works great. I usually leave it in a small storage tub with the model completely covered with the alcohol for about an hour then scrub with an old tooth brush. I've had to leave an Athearn Blue Box gondola in over night. Just remember to was with warm soapy water before you paint.
William
Modeling Southern Railway 1975-1980

NSMoWandS

Comes in a spray can. I disassemble or tape(3M blue painters tape) the model... depending on which is easier. I'd rather disassemble models... but, that is not always possible, DE Dan.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk