Main Menu

Heritage Units

Started by thpbears, March 23, 2012, 08:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thpbears

Anyone think Athearn or someone will do the Heritage Units like they do the other roads.

Badhorse79

Well I don't know about that but im taking 7655 and flipping her to 8099 looking for a four winder cab now!  I don't know the Green n faded white may bring out the flaws in my lil Gevo so maybe not huh

fireball451

These heritage units are going to cause a hurt on our wallets....
We going to see them and get the "gotta have it" problem....
I have enough engine projects already!

Badhorse79

Lol.... that's exactly what my better half said " oh no your not gonna try all 19 are ya " I told her HELL...nn ..yeah I AM

thpbears

Guess I better start drinking more water so my kidney will bring top dollar.

Badhorse79

Lol Bears that's why I was digging through boxes im.looking to sell what ever doesn't fit my era and I have a lot of stuff im thinking of getting a Intermountain BNSF and doing 8099 I cant mess with 7655 that's a one of a kind ya know .... im stoked about this im thinking Mr.Shell could make a killing supplying decals he's the best at Norfolk southern Decals ... well just decals and he's a hell of a great guy too

thpbears

Of course if a person had all of the heritage units and parked them at a roundhouse and put ho scale people all around like a big railfan day that would be a nice scene to model. Yes the shell scale are the best to work with. My eight year old and me were at Bristol today and thought we missed the Southern Unit. Thanks to Fireball451  for good directions to a nice spot overlooking the track we chased it for a while. It was Beutiful and you could still smell the fresh paint.  Your engines look great by the way.

NSMoWandS

Yeah Badhorse... don't tear up the EVO just to make another unit. You only need to get a new shell. Just re-use the drive train. I think I want to do a model of the NYC unit for my dad. He's a big NYC fan... every once in a while he brings over his NYC S12 and uses it as the Dupont switcher.

Badhorse79

Yeah im also looking forward to the NYC hopefully soon!  My dad also loves The NYC he has alot of their power books ! I.like to look threw them n admire the Hudsons ... really suck.I think all were scrapped along with Niagara class I think a museum has one some where but let's see it romp the rails im not suture though!  He has a old photo negative of a bunch in the dead line from River road along the Ohio outside of cincy sad sad sad

NSMoWandS

Yes... very sad... my dad grew up in MI. He has lots of old 35mm( what the hell kind of digital camera is that dad?) photos of NYC and C&O! BTW... In my spare decal box I found a GE builder plate decal for the B40... getting closer to being done... maybe a day or two.

Badhorse79

Sweet ... and I needed two for the 32-8 ! I like how the guys at the shops are putting the GE stickers anywhere and everywhere on older locos I guess those are to show they have been emissions tested

NSMoWandS

I used the last white and grey one for the B40... but I have 2 red and silver ones if you want them.

E.M. Bell

I think all 19 of the heritage units would look just dandy as models...and I am thinking about building a display case for the living room...the wall where all the wedding and family photos are hanging would be a great place for it.

Lucky for me, I saw that Overland has announced they will be doing highly detailed BRASS models of each heritage units for around $1000 each. That saves me the time and trouble of kitbashing and painting my own!  Here is the link to Overlands page..

http://www.overlandmodels.com/news/index.php?p=205

Now..lets see.  1k X 19 = $19,000 + $150 (or so) for material for display case = $19,150 + $250 per hour for divorce lawyer = around $5000 more and then factor in cost of hospital bills from the beating from (former) wife would be around $50,000......whole project to hang 19 brass heritage unit models on living room wall shouldn't sit me back more than  $75,150 total.

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

NSMoWandS

Maybe you should just get the Southern Unit from overland... and a nice new diamond necklace for the wife. It's all about compromise. Sure honey... we can make that the guest bedroom... but that means the family room is now the layout room!

Badhorse79

Lol I was gonna say EM maybe we could build that Kentucky Division layout with dough but you could live in the warehouse after ya get the Over(priced)land locos I bought a Dash9-40C when they came out it was $675.00 I wound up selling it to pay my fist round of Child support ... but that thing was a hefty piece of crap always outta gauge picked switches plows always to low? ?? But man it looked good

NSMoWandS

Yeah, 13 years ago I bought the 2 CSX AC4400s with fuel tender set for 1300 dollars... Justlike Badhorse said... looked great... ran awful... ended up selling them two years later.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk