The OCS and a few extras

Started by JtBurKe, June 11, 2013, 02:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JtBurKe

I CAN'T BELEIVE IT, IT'S A F9A AND... I'll stop there, but for the first time I was able to catch the OCS. I was out at 7am to catch what I consider best trains to see, because they are trying to dodge the OCS and make clear the path. First train was 738 southbound loads, charging through fog, DPU was definitely at notch 8 through Boyd.

Next was 202 who too came running hot through Boyd siding after meeting 738 at Craig

Then it was time for the 920 who made good time through Boyd

And across the lake

And after a new crew was onboard the OCS rocketed for Bristol and Roanoke past Mascot.

These photos and more including ones from the "Dark Road" can be found >On my Flickr.<

Ns Railfan

That 202 shot at Boyd is excellent!

E.M. Bell

I will second that excellent on the Boyd shot!  Thats my kind of conditions there!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

JtBurKe

Thanks guys! Even though they were GE's they sounded like true workhorses!  :)

Ponce de Leon

Oh yes....outstanding photography!

And speaking of 202---my traveling companions and I hung around after the OCS took leave of Bristol and Abingdon, and we waited to see it. About 15 minutes after we got back to Bristol, it came around the curve for a crew change. Some 6500 feet of platforms (with 90 containers or trailers), and the EOT passed us.

From the times I've been over that way, I've noticed 202 is ultra-reliable in terms of scheduled running times. This is clearly a hot train, and NS does its best to get her over the road.

A couple of shots at Bristol are shown.
Ron Flanary

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk