NS OCS North

Started by PGupton, June 11, 2013, 10:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PGupton

After catching the OCS (for the first time in 2yrs I might add) going south on the CNO&TP, I just had to catch it coming back north on the West End.

Thanks to JREB I had a rough estimate of when they might come through Farragut, which has several nice parks along the waterfront where you can do some railfanning in a nice setting.

Arrived at a park at around 9... caught a northbound freight as soon as I pulled up; I might like the photo of it more than I do the ones of the OCS!

I expected the OCS somewhere around or after 10am (as they were due in KNX at 1040) but from what I saw on Facebook they were absolutely flying north.

Some fellow railfans pulled up around 930 with news that it wasn't far off, and after politely explaining to a fisherman that I wasn't insane I was set up just in time for the run-by.

Looking forward to more photos from the chase... especially the salute with 630 they did down at Jersey!

PGupton

And here's 2 more just to show how great the view of the tracks is from this spot.

butch

Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

E.M. Bell

I lived and worked in Knoxville for almost 3 years, and had NO idea there was a place even close to being that scenic anywhere near by (of course about all I got to see was the inside of a SW1500 12 hours a day)....well done! 

Good to see you again at Rockwood and Spring City Friday...there where not a lot of folks out chasing that day, and it was sure enough easier to keep up with sans Wick!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

PGupton

Quote from: E.M. Bell on June 11, 2013, 05:48:37 PM
I lived and worked in Knoxville for almost 3 years, and had NO idea there was a place even close to being that scenic anywhere near by (of course about all I got to see was the inside of a SW1500 12 hours a day)....well done! 

Good to see you again at Rockwood and Spring City Friday...there where not a lot of folks out chasing that day, and it was sure enough easier to keep up with sans Wick!

Thanks EM! I actually discovered this area 2yrs ago.. ironically while catching the OCS! Farragut's a really nice place.

Here's just some photos from the other times I've been over there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk