NS 9944 West Tucker Siding

Started by Ed Fury, December 23, 2010, 10:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Fury

9944 pulling a few MoW gondolas headed East running long hood forward. This is at the West end of Tucker siding yesterday @ 4:38pm. Talked to a NS police officer who was also on scene. He advised any photography or train watching be done from the public road on the North side of the rail which runs underneath the Waterson Trail overpass. On the South side is an old abandoned road that dead ends at a huge pile of ballast right at the railroad tracks. I think this was the old Waterson Trail before is was rebuilt and the overpass was put in. While I think this is still a public road and a public area I'm not pushing it. The trespassing fines and lawyer fees would buy a nice new camera I plan on getting next year.

NS 8734 and G?TX (? = unknown letter) 9043 with about 20 autoracks came through Westbound shortly after 9944 took the siding. And by then it was too dark for photographs.

Ed Fury

An old rust bucket standard cab NS 8734 best I could do with the image to make it viewable.

Ed Fury

More standard cabs from 12-27-2010.

West Tucker Siding headed East.

Ed Fury

Another standard cab at MP 286 crossing Stonybrook Dr. in Jeffersontown, Ky headed to the mixing center in Simpsonville.

Lou District has been busy all night and day hopefully I can catch a few more tomorrow.

John Owens

That's GMTX 9043, a former Oakway SD60.

John Owens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk