A GP60 and the Hotel

Started by E.M. Bell, January 15, 2010, 10:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

I had the chance tonight to shoot a couple of things that are rare around these parts.  First, a NS GP60, which we just dont see much of here in Kentucky, and secondly a GP60 tied down on the old House track in front of the City Hotel in Lawrenceburg.  The house track was "supposed" to come out over a year ago, and the local crew usually ties up the power on the West Wye on the other side of the mainline, so it was a no-brainer to get out and shoot tonight.

You can click the link to check out my results. . Thanks to Carmon for helping out and manning the big ol strobe pack while I lugged the camera around...shooting at night with a redhead is always more fun  :) 

My Pbase Galleries  http://www.pbase.com/kd4jsl/gallery/nsls10

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

nsgelocos

I like the old GP60s and wish I could see a few more up here on the Rathole. I like the 16 cylinder 710G3A turbo prime mover with its soft squeaky bark idle, the ridiculously loud and low frequency power notches, and the screaming hum of the EFI at N8 that can be heard from miles away. They were also some of the first locomotives NS had started getting with the Airchime K-5LA horn. All around, I like these old Electro Motive locomotives. Very nice photos!!!
Aaron Beaubien
University of Kentucky
Mechanical Engineering

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk