What to do with your free time...

Started by butch, May 18, 2009, 01:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butch

...when your daughter is playing in a basketball tournament in northern Kentucky.

I made a couple of trips to the NS over CSX bridge at Walton to see what I could find.

Of course the first thing I saw was a CSX SB chugging up the hill from Banklick Creek.

Then we slid down the the Locust Street dual crossings-NS & CSX only 150 ft apart- for this train we had been listening to since southern Grant Co.

Finally, caught NS going the right direction over the bridge with sun on the nose.  It was mixed and short-less than 20 cars.  Interesting sidestory; they had a discussion at the mp 14.2 defect detector because it had tripped for dragging equipment.  Couldn't tell if they walked the train or not, but they ended up deciding to go on the mp 20.0 detector to see if it tripped again-it didn't.
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

J-man

Nice shot, Walton is a pretty neat location.  I've never once seen a CSX train under the bridge though!
God Bless America!
NS Conductor, CNO&TP
A few pictures

butch

Thanks, the dream shot is to get a SB CSX coming under the bridge while a SB NS is going across it.  I saw one posted once that had both sets of locomotives.  I have seen trains pass each other, but never hitting the bridge at the same time, that would be pretty cool.
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk