Wednesday May 13 2009 Stuff (with Geometry train)

Started by tq-07fan, May 13, 2009, 11:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tq-07fan

Went out with a friend and his friend from Amtrak Tuesday and Wednesday taking notes about existing and potential Amtrak stations along the Cardinal route and the proposed Three C corridor in Ohio. We caught the Research / Geometry / NS 906 train twice by accident, the first time while we we're heading for donuts in Erlanger at Emerson's. We then chased it down to the bridge across the Ohio River.
Link to a video and pictures posted on by two other jreb members below below.

http://jreb.org/ns/index.php?topic=7663.0

http://jreb.org/ns/index.php?topic=7652.0

1) On the way to get donuts with two friends we saw the Geometry car roll across Dixie Hwy in Erlanger KY going toward Cincinnati.
2) Crossing the Ohio River Bridge into Gest Street Yard.
3) Eighth Street

Came back to Erlanger for donuts and got a southbound that passed by just before a northbound passed behind it. I didn't catch the train numbers on these two at Erlanger. They passed each other around 11:00 am if you know let me know. The southbound was a surprise hence improper positioning to get a good clear picture.

4)  Southbound with NS 6766, 2687, 9557, 2363.

tq-07fan

I didn't catch the train numbers on these two at Erlanger. They passed each other around 11:00 am if you know let me know. The southbound was a surprise hence improper positioning to get a good clear picture.

5) Plenty of locomotives on this train.
6) We had heard the Northbound call out Rice and sure enough we got a meet.
7) That southbound just didn't get it's a** end out of the way to get all four units in one shot.
8  ) Many locomotives on the northbound NS 9680, 9323, 9082, (ex CR) 6754.

tq-07fan

Later in the day we caught it again while I was showing  the potential sights for an Amtrak station in my hometown of Dayton. I have ways of beating trains to Springfield, sick ways. All four of these are on the NS Dayton District, former Conrail Cincinnati Line.

9 )  NS 906 coming through Springfield Ohio. The buildings are not the Big 4 station. Location is similar.
10 ) Heading toward the clear signal at CP 185. This used to be where the line to Bellfontaine went north.
11 ) They gave us some lights

After a Cassano's Pizza in Dayton it was time to head toward Middletown and Hamilton.

12) NS 376 being held out of Miamisburg waiting for a surfacing gang to clear up. These signals act as distant signals for CP 216 and keep eastbounds from blocking the many crossings at grade in the city.

I had to edit this a little today as I was falling asleep last night while trying to post. In fact I will probaly get a nap in a couple minutes.

Thank You for your heads up post earlier Trainchaser 2. I wasn't expecting to catch this one but at least I knew what I had when I arrived at the scene.

Jim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk