#7602 w/ Mixed Train Departing Sevier Yard

Started by ssmith1627, October 26, 2008, 04:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssmith1627

Got a decent shot today.

This one we actually chased down.  Saw it departing and raced back to a couple other spots to see which was it was headed.  We managed to get in position about a mile ahead at a crossing.  But still not the best shots with the sun position.

Steve

http://ssmith1627.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album08&id=002_G

Michael Knight

Nice picture for a beginner! Thanks for sharing! :)

ssmith1627

I switched the camera over to take pics in the RAW format.  Obviously they have to be converted before I can post them anywhere so not sure what I gain.   

Clearly I need to join a photography forum so I can learn what I'm doing.   Learning is good though, right ?  haha

Steve

Michael Knight

I strongly recommend buying a digital SLR camera. Nikon and Canon both make excellent products, but I would really do my homework if I were considering such a purchase.

JCagle

There has been some recent discussion of RAW in the photographers forum here. There are quite a few of us that shoot in RAW, so if you need some pointers there should be plenty of help if you would like. Always feel free to ask any questions you may have.  There are people that shoot all different brands and models of cameras, so someone will know the answers.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk