Yard Day

Started by TB4JY, July 25, 2007, 12:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TB4JY

Here are some pics from the other day when I was on a yard job.  Had a MP15DC and a old CR SD40-2.

Here we are shoving some pigs up to the railhighway tracks.

Four tracks later, finally got them all spotted.  (The MP15DC had some dirty windows)

Just a pic of the unloading crane.

This dog was roaming around in front of engine.  She's playing with death.  Lucky for her, I kept my eye on her.

Here are some pics of trains shoving the hump.

That's it, thanks for looking.

nscnotp1

Nice shot of the TFM 1619.  :)

Michael Knight

Thank you, Bob, for taking the time to share!

NS2593

Nice photos! Please post more when you can.

Hoydie17

Are they actually "humping" stacks and vans? 

If so, I was under the impression you couldn't do that, because of the weight shifting and the hard couplings on the bottom of the hump? 

That's cool stuff, the two TFM motors with what appears to be an FXE motor trailing.  Cool lashup.
Α Φ Ψ  -  Old Dominion Chapter

"I'm not only the club president, I'm also a client."

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

TB4JY

Quote from: Hoydie17 on August 03, 2007, 06:47:04 AM
Are they actually "humping" stacks and vans? 

If so, I was under the impression you couldn't do that, because of the weight shifting and the hard couplings on the bottom of the hump? 

That's cool stuff, the two TFM motors with what appears to be an FXE motor trailing.  Cool lashup.

No, we don't actually hump cars any more in Atlanta.  We  just use the hump to classify the pigs.  The trailing motor was actually a Silver and Red BNSF engine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk