Heritage, EMD's and a dead GE on a Thursday afternoon

Started by E.M. Bell, December 10, 2015, 09:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

I was piddling around the house this afternoon when I heard a couple of trains on the Louisville District that peaked my interest.  Eastbound 223 was coming my way with a fairly new UP SD70Ace leading, The T-19 local was right behind him with a High Hood GP38-2 leading, and to top it all off, Westbound 891 was leaving Danville with the NYC 1066 Heritage unit leading.  It was cloudy and dark this , so I stayed to close to home to shoot them, but it was worth the little effort.  In a little over an hour, I had shot them all. 

You can find all of these in full size at this link >>>  http://www.pbase.com/kd4jsl/nsls15

12/10/15 

NS 223 passes the house track at Nevin Station, KY with UP 8722 gleaming on the point. 

Running right behind 223 on bad blocks, Local T-19 comes by the James Farm at Salvisa, Ky with GP38-2 5080 leading a dead GE.  Its rather unusual for this job to have Two units, and even more unusual for them to be dragging a dead unit around.

Westbound 891, the TVA Kingston TN Turn, comes by the James Farm Behind NYC 1066.  The train loads on the PAL in Western KY, and will be interchanged to them at Louisville. The Christmas decorations you see have been salvaged and rebuilt from various sources across the country, and are just a SMALL part of the display that is just out of frame to the right...all done every year my Two of my good friends and neighbors.  Its probably the largest privately funded display in the state. 

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Matt L

Quote from: E.M. Bell on December 10, 2015, 09:34:05 PM
Running right behind 223 on bad blocks, Local T-19 comes by the James Farm at Salvisa, Ky with GP38-2 5080 leading a dead GE.  Its rather unusual for this job to have Two units, and even more unusual for them to be dragging a dead unit around.

Is it possible that the dead GE was being used in lieu of a caboose for a long shove move?
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

NSSpike

E.M., Always a good thing when a Heritage unit is leading a coal drag!!! Even better when captured and posted on this site!!!
NSSpike
CDDX
MP680.6

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk