What I did on my summer vacation Days #3 and 4

Started by Matt L, September 17, 2014, 08:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt L

Like summer itself, I wish my vacaiton wnet on forver... but all good hings must come to an end. I did go out a bit on the 3rd and 4th days of vacation to spend time trackside... but it was not as concentrated as either Days #1 or 2. Even so, there were interesting things to see.

The Bath & Hammondsport RR has been working on 3 miles of the original mainline. They are rehabbing the track so to attract transload customers. This will eventually more interchange traffic for NS. These shots were taken at the State Route 415 crossing in Bath:

I also made it over to the Gang Mills yard on Day #3. The yard job (H85?) was powered by a pair of Geeps, including an OLS unit.

The Southern Tier Mainline was quiet that afternoon. The MOW crew was working at a private crossing in Rathbone:

All photos in this post were taken by me Saturday 8/230/2014 in Stueben County, NY.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

I spent part of Day #4 at CP Cass. Westbound NS intermodal 23K has a BNSF leader:

All photos in this post were taken by me Sunday 8/24/2014 in Hornell, NY. This wraps up my vacations picks. I hope y'all have enjoyed them.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

NSMoWandS

Nice shots! The 4655 is a GP59E... fresh out of the shop! I believe Mike Ray needs a pic of this loco for his NSLOCOS website. DE Dan

Matt L

Thank you. I have other shots of #4665, if the nslocos website is intered in them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk