Alaska in Southern Ohio, Street Running in LaGrange and CSX Chasing at Summerail

Started by Gage O'Dell, August 13, 2014, 06:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gage O'Dell

Over the weekend, Mr. Bell, Mr. Starnes and myself went to Cincinnati for the annual Summerail show. During the show, Tyler Hardin got word of a CSX train getting close with a KCS Belle leader. So during the first intermission, Tyler and myself along with a couple friends snuck out to chase CSX Q510 back toward Cincinnati. Sadly, we missed the last two-thirds of first half of Summerail, but we had some great power on an otherwise slow railroad :)

After dinner break for Summerail; Emmett, Chris and myself went up to CCET to shoot night shots of the Alaskan GP49 (as you've seen in Emmett's earlier post). I won't bore you with repeat details, as E.m has thoroughly explained everything! On Sunday after Summerail, we loaded up and hit I-71 as we decided (or at least 2 of us decided :)) to railfan CSX. We spent the entire day at LaGrange to watch some trains. After 8 hours and 6 trains we called it a weekend and headed home. A great weekend with great friends!

Below are a few pictures from the weekend, head over to my Flickr and check out more>>https://www.flickr.com/photos/46459752@N08/

CSX Q510 stops for a meet at Bank Lick

CSX Q510 winds through the S-curve at Bank Lick

KCS 4681 leads CSX Q510 across Trestle 41 in Northern Kentucky

CCET 2807 sits in Ancor Yard as the moon rises above the nose

Alaska 2807 at night

Foamers and EMDs on Main Street in LaGrange

A pair of EMDs lead CSX Q243 down Main Street in LaGrange

The engineer waves to the crowd of people as it brings Q573 through LaGrange

Matt L

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Ed Fury

Nice shots. I need to get back to LaGrange myself.

As for Bank Lick. Brings shivers to me still. Nothing like getting that call working for PTI in the middle of the night and it's a Southbound train dogged at the south end of the bank lick siding. Of course the North end in the middle of the night isn't exactly fun either. Ask the guy who ended up upside down in the creek after dropping off the crew how long before someone found him.

Gage O'Dell

Quote from: Ed Fury on August 14, 2014, 01:09:07 AM
Nice shots. I need to get back to LaGrange myself.

As for Bank Lick. Brings shivers to me still. Nothing like getting that call working for PTI in the middle of the night and it's a Southbound train dogged at the south end of the bank lick siding. Of course the North end in the middle of the night isn't exactly fun either. Ask the guy who ended up upside down in the creek after dropping off the crew how long before someone found him.

Yeah, we went across those bridges and had to back up over them.. They didn't weren't very fun during the day, I'd hate to see them at night

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk