Weiser RR & Fostoria's Iron Triangle

Started by swinstandley, October 06, 2013, 12:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swinstandley

Attached photos are of Edison#1, a 4-4-0 in Greenfield Village, Dearborn, Mich. with a NS Herzog ballast train with trailing NS 2760 SD70M-2 on the Amtrak track that runs along side the museum, and on the way home Saturday, checked out the Fostoria "Iron Triangle" railfan park construction, in the rain, with a NS westbound.

Stew

E.M. Bell

Thanks for sharing Stew...I have been wanting to visit the Ford Museum for a long time. Is it worth the drive??  That newest engine they have restored looks pretty nice...
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

swinstandley

E.M.,

Yes, we spent two days visiting the Ford Museum and Greenfield Village.  I don't think one should do both in one day, there's too much great stuff to look at, and 200 acres.  There's also an IMAX theater and the Ford Rouge factory tour.

The whole complex is now called The Henry Ford, thehenryford.org . The Edison #1 4-4-0 was running the day we were there.  The recently restored 4-4-0, D&LN #7 was at the roundhouse.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=453430

There's C&O 1601 Allegheny, and in the second attached photo you can see Henry Ford's private varnish "Fair Lane" behind a 1915 Chevrolet. I took 160 photos during the two days.

Stew

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk