Worm Hunting + shots of a remote location!

Started by Southern6482, March 27, 2013, 02:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southern6482

Thanks to JREB and Kurt, I received the heads up that the PC Heritage Unit would be rolling down the Rathole on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon.  I had already made up my mind to catch the unit under the old Southern-style signal at Georgetown before they're removed.  They literally are on borrowed time because the replacements have been up since December.  I'm relatively pleased with the results.  The fun I had chasing this unit, in addition to talking/meeting fellow railfans in the area, really got me back in the "game," so much in fact, that I've ordered a new camera!

I know the lighting isn't great on these pictures, but I'm glad I have them.  This is Akers, a place that is never photographed and honestly, these might be the only pictures on the internet of the signals/location.  That being said, you can see how close "progress" is to taking a little more character, dare I say, "Southern Charm" from the CNO&TP.

Between Akers and Donerail in the last moments of sun!

etalcos

That PC unit is entirely too clean and tidy....

Ponce de Leon

Very nice shots, Chad! I don't see how that new camera will improve on images this good.
Ron Flanary

Southern6482

Ron, thanks so much for the compliments! Coming from your that means a lot!

E.M. Bell

Chad, you are going to have to show me how to get to that "remote location" soon. I need to document those searchlights before the cut-over happens.   I think Jacob and myself may be working the 1st district this Saturday if the plan holds.
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Southern6482

Anytime, Emmett....I might not be avaliable this Saturday, but you have my number!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk