Winter and Spring in a week's time on the CNO&TP

Started by CarmonH, February 29, 2012, 06:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarmonH

There is a old saying here in Kentucky that goes  "If you don't like the weather, just wait an hour, it will change" and that has been well proven over the past month.

Two weeks ago, EB & myself found ourselves in the middle of the worst snow storm of the season in Southern KY. We spent several hours carefully negotiating the slick roads to shoot a few trains in and South of Somerset Ky, on the 2nd district of the CNO&TP. Then, this past weekend, we went back down there again to join Jreb members Doyle Massey and John Owens for a day of shooting trains, this time with full sun and 60 degree temps!

I am not sure if we even have seasons in the traditional sense anymore, but its always interesting. I recently added 12 new images from the past 2 weeks to my galleries. You can find them at this link.  
http://www.pbase.com/kd4jsl/gallery/ns2012carm

NS 223 rolls through a whiteout near Cumberland Falls. 02/19/12

Train 224 in the snow at Norwood, KY, just North of Somerset. 02/19/12

The sun is out and it looks like spring just a week later, as 216 sprints across single track at Parkers Lake.

Southbound grain train 48A-24, also at Parkers Lake, KY. There seem to be an unusually large number of grain trains running over the weekend. 02/26/12

EB, Doyle and John trying to hide in the woods at Cumberland Falls. It might have worked much better if Doyle had not been wearing a target on his back!  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk