NS c31&32P Cabs at Roanoke East End Shops????

Started by NSTopHat, June 02, 2014, 09:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSTopHat

All,

Over on Train orders, someone posted some recent images from Roanoke during the removal of 611 from VMT. He had an image that showed three partially blocked C31/32P cabs that were recently repainted into horse head. The one cab that was least obstructed also had a N&W Hamburger logo on it to the right of the horse head logo. After further review it appears both 555085 And 555079 both have a hamburger logo. The ex Southern Baywindow cab that moved with 611, #555761 has been painted horse head as well, but it has a  Southern logo. Anyone have any idea how Many cabs are getting this treatment? From what I am seeing, ex Southern cabs, ex-N&W cabs, and I'm guessing ex Conrail cabs, are going to get this treatment as they get painted.

TIA,
Russ

NSMoWandS

Since I am up here in ex Conrail country... A lot of the cabin cars(PRR/CR term) are CR blue and pretty beat up. Abrams Yard Car Dept rebuilt a couple for shoving pruposes... they were painted grey with black lettering. They kept the CR report markings and numbers... but, none of the rebuilds have a Conrail Logo on it... at least none that I have seen. DE Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk