CNO&TP Signals

Started by Ponce de Leon, September 09, 2013, 01:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponce de Leon

With all the discussion lately about the demise of the old search light signals on the CS, I thought I would post this image (a favorite of mine). I've been going through shots to send to another author he requeted for a magazine article he's doing and this one was in the group. This was taken in October 1993 at Harriman Junction. The southbound got stabbed by a stop here, and then made quite a bit of exhaust smoke as he accelerated toward Chattanooga. I'm sorry guys, but the new signals will never, ever be as cool as these. I'll miss the search lights...and I know many of you will as well. Progress ain't all what it's cracked up to be sometimes.
Ron Flanary

NSMoWandS

Nice! That is a "cover" shot for sure!!! I have a shot at the signals at HAIR in Dalton, GA with 3 SD40E's smoking it up! DE Dan

etalcos

Good stuff Ron.  SARM was able to acquire the cantilever from North Oakdale a few years back along with several other CNO&TP signals.  Those always screamed big time mainline RR to me and I'm glad we've been able to save a few. 

Charlie

dschlegel

That shot is fantastic, I love it!

Sorry to see the old guard signals disappear too, tis a shame.
PA Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk