New Trains Magazine

Started by dschlegel, December 02, 2013, 06:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dschlegel

Has anyone read it yet? I haven't because my daughter commandeered it today.
PA Dan

thpbears

Looks like my house with my little boy.

MotoLinz

She looks mighty pleased with herself! My six year old has had a subscription in his name for a couple years. Sure beats Spongebob.

dschlegel

Quote from: MotoLinz on December 03, 2013, 06:22:43 AM
She looks mighty pleased with herself! My six year old has had a subscription in his name for a couple years. Sure beats Spongebob.

Yes it blows Spongebob away for sure! I'm not sure if her joy here is that she's looking at Trains magazine or the fact that she got it before I did, she's a turkey like that.
PA Dan

butch

Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

Matt L

Quote from: dschlegel on December 02, 2013, 06:00:25 PM
Has anyone read it yet? I haven't because my daughter commandeered it today.
PA Dan

Ha! Great pic.  8)

I've had that issue for a couple weeks now and have re-read the Rat Hole article a couple of times.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

dschlegel

Thanks!
The one she hoarded was the Jan '14 issue that just came in the mail this week.
As for the Rat Hole article, I've read it three times now too, it's very interesting and looks like a line I need to railfan sooner than later.
PA Dan

thpbears

Maybe we can all have a rail fan trip together to this area before long.

dschlegel

Quote from: thpbears on December 06, 2013, 07:12:29 AM
Maybe we can all have a rail fan trip together to this area before long.

That would be fun!

I fear it's going to be a decade or more though till I won't be burning vacation visiting my in-laws in Texas (my wife is from the Houston area and has tons of family there including nieces and nephews that we like to stay close to).

But look out, once my kid is old enough to road trip we may just head that way for a week!
PA Dan

Ed Fury

If you are in the Houston area you will be close enough for a day trip to see the Texas State Railroad in either Rusk or Palestine or both. Highly recommended.

162 miles or about 2 hours and 27 minutes drive from downtown Houston to Rusk.

dschlegel

Quote from: Ed Fury on December 08, 2013, 10:15:11 PM
If you are in the Houston area you will be close enough for a day trip to see the Texas State Railroad in either Rusk or Palestine or both. Highly recommended.

162 miles or about 2 hours and 27 minutes drive from downtown Houston to Rusk.

One of these years I will get out to do stuff like that down there. My in-laws are divorced so our weeks there are spent driving from Pearland to Conroe and back visiting the different families.

On the bright side my Father in Law and his two brothers work for UP (they all are ex SP men, and are all retiring next year), and my one brother in law hired on with the Port last year after he got out of the Navy. So, I do get my fill of Houston area railroads each visit.

I have been out to Galveston to the museum there prior to the Hurricane but haven't been to see it since it reopened. I've also been out to Rosenburg a handful of times albeit to stop at a jewelry store a few blocks from the tracks.
PA Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk