Roanoke Railfest

Started by Ptrainman, April 30, 2012, 09:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ptrainman

VMT has announced more details for the Roanoke Railfest May 12. They are supposed to have train rides pulled by New Hope Valley RR #17. They dont say where the rides are going but I think I have a good idea of a possibility. For anyone who knows Roanoke, I think they may run the 57 Pocket/Old Main Line west to West Roanoke and then back east on the Running Tracks via 30th St or the Main Line via 24th St. I would not put it past them to have a couple Heritage units there also. Here is the link to the VMT site:http://vmt.org/visit/calendar.html
Is anyone else planning on going? I have not been up that way in awhile, so I am using this as a good excuse to go. Would love to meet some of you guys if yall are going to be there.

Paul
NS Virginia Division Expert & Railfan
KK4KQX

Ptrainman

Just thought Id bump this back up. Is anyone planning on being in Roanoke Saturday?

Paul
KK4KQX

thpbears

Find out any more info pm me if they will have NS and Heritage units there I may have to be sick that day.

Badhorse79

Wish I could make it but telaportation isn't available in Ohio yet

Ptrainman

Bears, you missed it, it was this past Saturday, the 12th. There werent any heritage units there, there really wasnt anything special at the museum but the train rides and NS had a SD40E there. The train rides only went from the museum to 10th street and back, not even as far as the hump. Will have shots up from Saturday tonight.

Paul
KK4KQX

thpbears

Sorry I just got back from vacation at Disney late last night and my calender is way off. Saw your pics they were some nice shots.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk