sweet home ?

Started by blacksheep, April 22, 2009, 07:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacksheep

Growing up in east Tenn.  I got to see some neat stuff. Coster shops, a steam engine in John Sevier roadhouse ( when most of it was still there) and I even remember 4 passenger trains a day though Knoxville. Now I live in Alabama and get to see the action down here. 2 Amtrak's a day, lots of sd40-2s  and geeps doing local work and some KCS run thoughs. A couple weeks ago I saw 2 frieghts with a total of 5 sd's, that sounded sweet. Yesterday is what I'm writeing about. I was over in Leeds and saw a east bound with 2 3500's leading a 2500. Someone once said in here that the 3500's were so ugly they were cute. These was the first one's I had seen in years. I was standing there thinking about the sight,, and the sound of the  sd when I noticed something else strange. This man had a whole train of empty gon's. When times are good it's hard to find a gon, I wonder where he got these and where they were going?

BO4115

Storage cars.  All the major RR's have them stored someplace or another with the economy like it is.

Paul Zuzich   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk